Why Are You Here?

capnhiho

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2013
California
I left an unnamed forum because they were condiscending towards the budget minded.

Here, Streamliner Gretsch series guitars are held in the same breath as Custom Shop guitars.

That's great.
It was here at G-T that I learned about Electromatics being an unashamed alternative to Prolines and Custom Shop offerings (in the pre-Streamliner days). I stayed here to learn, and eventually gained enough knowledge and experience to feel comfortable occasionally adding my own two cents worth. Been hanging out here ever since.

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
Here, Streamliner Gretsch series guitars are held in the same breath as Custom Shop guitars.

I think that's maybe because this site demographically skews a little older than the average guitar site, and enough of us here understand that it's the player and not the guitar that makes the music.

There's no point to disrespecting budget guitars. A good player will almost certainly be able to make them sing!

As to why I'm here? Simple: 'Cus I like it.

---

Last edited:

juks

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 26, 2020
Fremont, California
For the community. This is the only public forum where things don't go down the toilet in a hurry.

I used to part take my favorite sport forums but bunch of us got so tired of the trolling that we started a private forum. Only 8 active members but we've had it for 25 years. I don't need to put energy in arguing with people who just want to start trouble. Never happens here.