White Penguin on my Bucket List

May 22, 2022
Massachusetts
You have heard people say "Just one more guitar" and that's where I'm at but I really mean it this time because I'm a baby boomer and long in the tooth. Currently, I have a Gretsch Brian Setzer model with a single volume control. I want to get a White Penguin as the body is smaller than the White Falcon. I use to own a Power Jet and a 6120.
Any White Penguin owners are welcome to drop in and and give me any details on your guitar.

Regards,

Lonesome Lenny

stiv

Country Gent
Sep 12, 2014
Firenze, Italy
I don't know about your budget but there's a nice one on sale here locally.
Unfortunately, my "locally" is Bologna, Italy. :)
If you're available to spend a 20% more on shipment/custom and need a link just let me know.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I'm biased, naturally, but I think you would love a White Penguin. I would however play it side by side with some jets to make sure it is the tone you want. I would love a White Penguin and the Saphire, and really jones for a Koa Penguin but if Gretsch ever came out with e 25.5" scale Penguin with a V cut Bigsby, I would be sorely tempted to sell all sorts of things.

I can not even guess how many times I have listened to this Gretsch clip.

Back in Black

Country Gent
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
You have heard people say "Just one more guitar" and that's where I'm at but I really mean it this time because I'm a baby boomer and long in the tooth. Currently, I have a Gretsch Brian Setzer model with a single volume control. I want to get a White Penguin as the body is smaller than the White Falcon. I use to own a Power Jet and a 6120.
Any White Penguin owners are welcome to drop in and and give me any details on your guitar.

Regards,

Lonesome Lenny

LL,

Are you lonesome tonite...do you miss me tonite...sorry, I digress, Welcome!

Post number three is nice...Id love to chase that one with a block sander and a screw-driver!

Best,

BIB.

DSCF1507.JPG

Crooner

Friend of Fred
Apr 15, 2009
Boston
I, too, am a DC Jet freak and after much searching, I found a Pengy just like Audept's. It's a great guitar and something I wanted for years. I'm going to slap a Butchie Bar on it to make restringing a tad easier and would like to find one of the Gretsch CS rounded arm rests to put on it too. Those are hard to find, however. Anyone know of a source?

Craig Encinitas

Gretschie
May 3, 2021
Encinitas, Ca

Attachments

• 4CB3E831-6DC1-4545-A399-0FC64410CEB2.jpeg
    4CB3E831-6DC1-4545-A399-0FC64410CEB2.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 4
  • DD4D25E7-A149-4323-8375-F723AB880D48.jpeg
    DD4D25E7-A149-4323-8375-F723AB880D48.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 4

Stefan87

Country Gent
May 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
and would like to find one of the Gretsch CS rounded arm rests to put on it too. Those are hard to find, however. Anyone know of a source?
I'd love to get my hands on 2 of those as well, the production arm rests not fitting right is such a sore point for me with the penguins, but any way I won't ramble on.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I never heard of a Penguin before mine and had no idea they came with armrests mine didn’t. I dot. Miss it and migh actually take it off if it did. Or for something I considered better fitting and more comfortable.