Which Gotoh replacement bridge for hardtail G5222?

mc900ftj

Electromatic
Apr 28, 2022
East of the big muddy
Looking to replace the stock external-spring with a Gotoh tune-o-matic that will just drop in.

Has anyone replaced with a Gotoh...and what model specifically has worked for you?

Thanks.

radd

Friend of Fred
Dec 27, 2017
Santa Cruz
If no one has a specific Gotoh for you, you can just measure the post spacing, post diameter and the string spacing at the bridge and you should be able to find a drop in Gotoh. Gotoh is not uncommon on Gretsch guitars.

Lapk78

Apr 20, 2022
San Antonio
Looking to replace the stock external-spring with a Gotoh tune-o-matic that will just drop in.

Has anyone replaced with a Gotoh...and what model specifically has worked for you?

Thanks.
Did you find what you were looking for? Which model? I'm in the exact same situation, but I don't have a set of calipers to measure the post diameter (I know, I should but a set...). If so, did you use the stock bushings (is that what you can the piece that goes into the wood of the body?) or did you swap those out as well?

TobyB

Electromatic
Nov 22, 2021
UK
An alternative high quality option would be ABM who have a variety of options that fitted my guitars ...

mc900ftj

Electromatic
Apr 28, 2022
East of the big muddy
Did you find what you were looking for? Which model? I'm in the exact same situation, but I don't have a set of calipers to measure the post diameter (I know, I should but a set...). If so, did you use the stock bushings (is that what you can the piece that goes into the wood of the body?) or did you swap those out as well?
See replies below. I have not done it yet.

Jim85IROC

Electromatic
May 16, 2022
Vermont
I installed a Gotoh GE103B-T on my G5220. Should work on the 5222.

Here's the specific item I ordered from Amazon, though it is no longer available from that seller.
That's my favorite bridge for any import Tune O Matic that I want to upgrade. It's a fantastic bridge. Philadelphia Luthier Supply is usually the cheapest place to buy them from, and if you're on the east coast like I am, they're usually the quickest shipping option too.

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
I don't have a set of calipers to measure the post diameter (I know, I should but a set...).

Generally...most modern posts are either 4 or 6 mm. 6 mm are notched for a screw driver.

Note sellers don't always mention post diameter, but mention threadsize(M4/M8) which can lead to confusion and profanity.