Where ya Jammin today?

gtttrrr

Country Gent
Dec 7, 2011
United States
Nice Nick!!! Spent a week in NOLA for work some years back, great sounds to be found every block just walkin around! Don’t even get me started with the food,,, Oh my, a man could gain some down there.

gtttrrr

Country Gent
Dec 7, 2011
United States
Know it’s a long shot, but do you recognize these guys? Playing at the Prop21 bar? When I was there, great players.

Attachments

• 717C0812-8C99-473E-BD58-9FA39BC6DF06.jpeg
    717C0812-8C99-473E-BD58-9FA39BC6DF06.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 25412517-E405-4199-80CA-875ADC3C1154.jpeg
    25412517-E405-4199-80CA-875ADC3C1154.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 2

freddyfingers

Gretschified
I have a stage in my back yard. Sadly i had to take the roof off as the guy that put it on screwed it up. So its no longer a covered”safe from rain” stage, its like a deck thats not attached to the house with musicians on it. I will be there hoping for no rain.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
I have a stage in my back yard. Sadly i had to take the roof off as the guy that put it on screwed it up. So its no longer a covered”safe from rain” stage, its like a deck thats not attached to the house with musicians on it. I will be there hoping for no rain.
Hope for a sunny day! Any plans to redo the roof structure?

nickurso

Gretschified
Dec 24, 2012
New Orleans la.
Shade and it keeps the rain off of the electronics!
We used them a lot for outdoor gigs to keep the soundboards dry.
Standing in an open field for hours on a hot, sunny day is no picnic.
Carried lots of Vis Queen in case of rain.
Our street rig is small I use garbage bags for the rain. One thing that’s nice about playing the street is if it rains we don’t have to go out to play

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Our street rig is small I use garbage bags for the rain. One thing that’s nice about playing the street is if it rains we don’t have to go out to play
I worked for a uni. No matter how bad the weather report was for outdoor gigs, there was an attitude of "It'll clear up." No matter if there were tornadoes and horizontal rain, they'd want to have the show---even if the audience knew enough to stay out of the rain. For one gig it was 27F and they wanted the decorative water fountains running. Glare ice over the entire stage made it a bit difficult for the band and dancers.

9 dead at the Indiana State Fair one year because a band's tour manager decided that the show must go on---even tho there was a black wall of clouds and 75MPH winds. Stage collapsed and the stands were still full of people because no one---State Police, organizers, fire marshal---had the guts to decide to cancel or postpone the gig or to get the audience out of harm's way. 4 guys on follow spots above the stage were begging to come down. None of them survived. A little common sense goes a long way.

nickurso

Gretschified
Dec 24, 2012
New Orleans la.
I worked for a uni. No matter how bad the weather report was for outdoor gigs, there was an attitude of "It'll clear up." No matter if there were tornadoes and horizontal rain, they'd want to have the show---even if the audience knew enough to stay out of the rain. For one gig it was 27F and they wanted the decorative water fountains running. Glare ice over the entire stage made it a bit difficult for the band and dancers.

9 dead at the Indiana State Fair one year because a band's tour manager decided that the show must go on---even tho there was a black wall of clouds and 75MPH winds. Stage collapsed and the stands were still full of people because no one---State Police, organizers, fire marshal---had the guts to decide to cancel or postpone the gig or to get the audience out of harm's way. 4 guys on follow spots above the stage were begging to come down. None of them survived. A little common sense goes a long way.
The good thing about working the street is you can decide. We check the weather first if it looks bad we don’t go out

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in

As bad as Indiana weather and humidity is, you've got it far worse in Nawlins.
I didn't get to choose if the show would go on or not. Others of a higher pay grade did. Egos won out over the weatherman's warnings usually.

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
Though I’d send an update. It has also been restrained and looks sharp. Now I will probably never rain here again
Looks nice. Are those rooves noisy in the rain. Thinking of a similar cover on our back patio that faces south and gets pretty intense sun in the summers (which will only get more intense with time).

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Though I’d send an update. It has also been restrained and looks sharp. Now I will probably never rain here again
We don't have that problem here. It's not IF it'll rain, it's How Much. You're in Virginia, not Arizona. You'll get rain---just wait a few minutes. Your new roof looks good, by the way.
Looks nice. Are those rooves noisy in the rain. Thinking of a similar cover on our back patio that faces south and gets pretty intense sun in the summers (which will only get more intense with time).
Metal roofs can be extremely noisy when it rains (worse when it hails). It really depends on what's under the metal. If it's just over joists, expect noise. If there's a solid underlayment it won't be too bad.

Latest posts