When your boy goes to a football match.

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
I bought him and a buddy a ticket. He wanted to support his favourite team and went with 18 of his mates.
He left right when they started to gas the stands. The nearest official exit was somehow locked. Luckily everyone in his group got out of there in time. Just one of his mates got hit by gas and was briefly hospitalised with respiratory problems. Many were not so fortunate. Many are in critical condition so I'll expect the number to rise. The sad part is there were a lot of kids and elderly in the stands. One kid lost both his parents in the stampede. Crazy.

Indonesia: At least 125 dead in football stadium crush https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63105945

blueruins

Friend of Fred
May 28, 2013
Savannah, GA
Thank God your son is safe. I’m so sorry you all had to live through that but thankful you did.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.

These days it seems a gamble to leave the doorstep doesn’t it?

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
I just saw some video of this----
Over 170 dead, stadium and city wrecked.
3K people rushed the field, then the police/soldiers went nuts attacking them.
FIFA regs say gassing the crowd is wrong.
Be safe, everyone.

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
I just saw some video of this----
Over 170 dead, stadium and city wrecked.
3K people rushed the field, then the police/soldiers went nuts attacking them.
FIFA regs say gassing the crowd is wrong.
Be safe, everyone.

The two teams are traditionally strong rivals so the organisation labled it a hi-risk game and there was strong police force present including the Riot police and they are no pussies.
Once 3K entitled imbeciles entered the pitch(an offence anywhere in the world) threatening the players safety, the riot police followed protocol.
The use of teargas in the stands was a mistake though. Latest score line 125 dead including 32 kids. 300+ in the hospital.

Latest posts