Whatcha Listening To Today?

Runamok

Country Gent
Just got tickets to see Tab Benoit in July, so been playing him today.

Whiskey Store Live with Jimmy Thackery.

I’ve seen them play together. Thackery was smokin’ it, showing off a little, I thought. Tab tastefully staying with his backwoods cajun vibe. It made for a fun evening. Tab is even better now than he was then (a floater of a sentence, but wth).

Why such a long fez?: Jimmy is retired, but occasionally plays a festival.

I am jealous. Have Bonnie/Mavis tix, but I missed when a Benoit show went on sale a few days ago. Lucinda Williams filling in for Mavis on some shows.

Today I am listening to the audiobook version of The Testaments. There is surprisingly little music so far.

Last edited:

Andrew Griffin

Synchromatic
Oct 22, 2015
Stealing the idea behind a long running thread on the GDP. What have you been listening to lately?

I hadn't listened to Mary Lou Lord's 1998 album Got No Shadow in a long time. Great acoustic inspired, jangly pop.

MLL---Got-No-Shadow.jpg

The song is called His Latest Flame. I wonder if the person who posted the video was making an editorial comment.

I just discovered Ashley Monroe; she's a hoot!

Mr Twangy

Gretschie
Dec 27, 2020
Canada
Stealing the idea behind a long running thread on the GDP. What have you been listening to lately?

I hadn't listened to Mary Lou Lord's 1998 album Got No Shadow in a long time. Great acoustic inspired, jangly pop.

MLL---Got-No-Shadow.jpg

The song is called His Latest Flame. I wonder if the person who posted the video was making an editorial comment.

Roll Up The Red Carpet - Buck Owens and his Buckaroos.

Desirsar

Gretschie
Jun 9, 2021
Lincoln, NE
Doing another work day set to Slim Jim's Rockabilly Rave Up on Sirius XM. Only subscribed for a promotion that gave me currency in a mobile game, probably dropping it when the three months are up since this is the only rockabilly that gets played on any station that I can find. Oh, sure, there are 50s and 60s stations, but they're not at all focused.