What to do wood projwct

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Wife wants this to be a coffee table. I wanted to turn it into my business sign. My potential compromise is she gets her table but the next slab I pick she can’t complain about when I turnnit into my sign. the sign is for me alon no one comes out here to see a sign I just want one!

blue pine slab from the Black Hills.

5782A075-D240-4B27-AF03-3765F36C3FF8.jpeg

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I was going to make a guitar but the truth is once I decide on the wood I also realized I didn't want a guitar. How odd is that!

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Yea, I originally bought it for that but she didn’t seem to like the idea. I’ll do a table with this one but I’m going to the mill to find another slab!

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
That Cedar will look even better sanded up good! And yea my kitchen is a mess so much water leaked in I had to pull the flooring and order some sun flooring for the rotted squishy stuff. That should be here Friday. It will have to sit outside until Connor, my son, gets home from school to help me get it in. Not as strong as I am yet, but he’s a big kid and can handle it with dad. I should be able to do so Friday that is my three week mark and I’m allowed a bit more weight. A bit.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Nice slab. 👍

Been collecting live edge slabs off and on for the last 15 years. You should see my basement.

Took a bunch of black walnut slabs and built myself this desk. Book matched the 5/4 top. Back and sides are 8/4. It sits in a corner of my home office. Still using it today. View attachment 187711 View attachment 187712 View attachment 187713 View attachment 187714 View attachment 187715
Your walls look a bit like mine! image.jpg image.jpg
Although yours is much neater! Mine is all cluttered and packed with junk while I tear out part of the floor!

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Those two slabs are a bit more than 8/4 I figure they make a good top and trestle and the wide board is 8’ so the table will be 6” which gives me about two 18” end legs and a long treat between! I had my kid help me get it outside but my stomach started to be noticeable and the doctor said stop if you notice it. So it’s back i until tomorrow and I am for to be tied!

But I can spend this time practicing a bit and figure of out what I want to call my work shop because I have my crazy sign!