What Are You Doing Here?

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Killing time here on GT, hanging out with the dog, watching a Twilight Zone marathon on Sci-Fi, and enjoying a mug of hot brown bean soup.

Last edited:

Back in Black

Country Gent
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
It's just about 12:30 PM. My Darling is still sound asleep. We had a very busy day yesterday, we had the Bentley out (wheelchair), walked down to the library, stopped at the pub on the way back, and settled in for a good movie...very strenuous!

And...right now, I'm conversing with all my Gretsch friends, pondering on a new guitar project.

Aside from some minor tweaking, my 20+ year old Lemmy bass is repaired, and I'm in need of a new distraction

No place I'd rather be.

On a slight sidebar, in light of the attached photo, I don't know how many of you use StewMac, but if you've got a project going, or a repair, you really need to check them out. Parts, supplies, finishing products, specialty tools, customer service, they're the best, bar none!

LOL,

BIB.

DSCF1574.JPG

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
I got over COVID last week and was recovering my strength. Then I started feeling poorly last night and from the symptoms alone, it appears as if I was exposed to COVID once again. With the immunity from the last go around, I'm sure I'll recover quickly.

So, what do you do when you shouldn't be around others? I do it virtually, and I can't think of a better crowd to be around than the folks at G-T. :cool:

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
Cheating! How? From my cell phone, I called my work # so MS Teams makes it look like to my boss and co-workers that I am in a meeting.

I've mentally checked out of work before official quitting time......rough week!!!

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
Learning, sharing experiences, getting ideas for new gear and music to learn and perform, and generally adding more fuel to the GAS fire.

Seamus

Country Gent
Feb 25, 2011
New England
It's just about 12:30 PM. My Darling is still sound asleep. We had a very busy day yesterday, we had the Bentley out (wheelchair), walked down to the library, stopped at the pub on the way back, and settled in for a good movie...very strenuous!

And...right now, I'm conversing with all my Gretsch friends, pondering on a new guitar project.

Aside from some minor tweaking, my 20+ year old Lemmy bass is repaired, and I'm in need of a new distraction

No place I'd rather be.

On a slight sidebar, in light of the attached photo, I don't know how many of you use StewMac, but if you've got a project going, or a repair, you really need to check them out. Parts, supplies, finishing products, specialty tools, customer service, they're the best, bar none!

LOL,

BIB.

Me, I'm eating some seriously delicious homemade sourdough pizza, and wondering what in tarnation is happening over at Back in Black's house:

1663956926310.png

Back in Black

Country Gent
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
Me, I'm eating some seriously delicious homemade sourdough pizza, and wondering what in tarnation is happening over at Back in Black's house:

View attachment 190568
Hey Seamus...that's so funny,

When will BIB take the Bentley out again, what feat of daring will Mrs. BIB surprise us all with tomorrow...She's now doing squats in front of the bathroom mirror, holding onto the lip of the sink...blows my mind!! Eighty two, and in stroke recovery!

Strap on your seat belts, install your helmets, place phasers on stun, and don't miss the next exciting episode of BIB, and the guitar from...it's either Liverpool, or outer space.

I'll get that worked out!!!

Until then...

BIB.....................................................................

DougWheeler74

Synchromatic
Jul 10, 2019
NE Wisconsin, US
I normally read GT with my morning coffee but today my other half and I started out with coffee with a friend and then sat on the shore of Lake Michigan, ate lunch and read. Then off to the orchard for apples, cider and donuts. The apples will become applesauce, the donuts are gone and the cider will be mulled and mixed with bourbon and Cointreau for a a nice beverage tomorrow. Picked up a couple of NOS tubes on the way home. Chicken dinner and now a glass of wine while watching Midsomer Murders for the umpteenth time.

As for why I'm on GT, I'm hear for all the great conversations, knowledge and camaraderie. Not disappointed yet!

Seamus

Country Gent
Feb 25, 2011
New England
Hey Seamus...that's so funny,

When will BIB take the Bentley out again, what feat of daring will Mrs. BIB surprise us all with tomorrow...She's now doing squats in front of the bathroom mirror, holding onto the lip of the sink...blows my mind!! Eighty two, and in stroke recovery!

Strap on your seat belts, install your helmets, place phasers on stun, and don't miss the next exciting episode of BIB, and the guitar from...it's either Liverpool, or outer space.

I'll get that worked out!!!

Until then...

BIB.....................................................................

Especially now that I know there are Bentleys and phasers, I will definitely tune in for the next mid-boggling episode, but I still can't figure out that double Vox logo! I kept thinking I was having migraine aura again...

loudnlousy

Gretschified
Oct 18, 2015
Germany
That and then 5:30 am my dog’s bugging me because it’s his turn.
I remember when our dog was really old Bella woke me up at least five times in the night because she could not hold it anymore...at least she was polite enough to do it before the damage was done.
Basically felt like having a toddler again.

Glaw

Gretschie
Aug 30, 2017
ca.
I remember when our dog was really old Bella woke me up at least five times in the night because she could not hold it anymore...at least she was polite enough to do it before the damage was done.
Basically felt like having a toddler again.
My dog’s 14 and on his last legs I hate to say. This early wake up started a few months ago. He’s been such a great dog.

Back in Black

Country Gent
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
Especially now that I know there are Bentleys and phasers, I will definitely tune in for the next mid-boggling episode, but I still can't figure out that double Vox logo! I kept thinking I was having migraine aura again...

Seamus,

That particular wall in the music room, is full end to end. I haven't got room for the amp to lie down as it should, so I positioned it on it's end, and added a second logo.

I have VOX grill cloth, the correct VOX white piping, and I intend to recover the cabinet face with the diamonds in the pattern standing up instead of lying down.

I just may do that little job sooner than I'd planned.

Thanks so much, for prioritizing my projects.

This is the same cabinet with the old amp. This is how I have it positioned with the tiny MV50 AC amp. I have rubber foot buttons on two sides now.

Since we sold the lake house, and moved to downtown Ottawa, ''spare room'' has become an unknown commodity.

It's become that much more difficult since Janet had the stroke, now we have all her mobility devices, (The Bentley), plus trying to create ''wider'' open areas to allow her to move around.

With her steady improvement, hopefully we'll slowly be able to get back to normal...what ever that is!

Best,

BIB.

DSCF1356.JPG DSCF1576.JPG