What Advice Would You Give Your 16 Year Old Self?

Lockupyourfatdog

Synchromatic
Aug 8, 2016
Everett wa
I’d start by telling myself that Buster Douglas was going to beat Mike Tyson in the 10th round by k.o. And I need to convince my parents to bet on that fight.

Then I’d tell me that comparison kills creativity. That spec of advice changed my life. Sure wish I would have realized that in my teens

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
Ah...a man of experience!

I was working in Iraq, when I decided in my own mind something was wrong at home, long story short, when I got back home on an emergency leave (two days from the time I left Iraq), there was a long haired, un-employed guy in the house, with a swastika dangling off one ear.

Fast forward 43 years...lots of time to recover, and boy did I recover!!!

The sooner in the marriage they pull those stunts the better.

Good riddance!

BIB.
Ugh .... and it's kind of ironic that my ex's name is actually " Karen " too

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
Embrace ambition and focus, BUT...... Don't waste time about ambition in corporate America, your job, on becoming a VP by age 30. INSTEAD.....Be ambitious and focused on BEING HAPPY. This will lead to peace of mind, reduced stress, and bring you what you think you need that VP position for because.....ONLY THEN........ will you/I/me be in control and that control brings the power to define your own path......which will make you happy.

AND.....Embrace the feeling of being fortunate and be grateful for every day you have and love the present moment!

MrWookiee

Country Gent
Jun 17, 2020
SoCal, USA
1 - Stop skipping the musical drudgery (scales, etc) necessary to become a very good (as opposed to pretty good) player.

2 - After you graduate from college, find a gig/reason - any gig/reason - to keep playing music, instead of taking a 30-year hiatus.

3 - Don't be shy; girls want to have a good time as much as you do (but always wear a raincoat).

General_Lee

Gretschie
Apr 23, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Embrace ambition and focus, BUT...... Don't waste time about ambition in corporate America, your job, on becoming a VP by age 30. INSTEAD.....Be ambitious and focused on BEING HAPPY. This will lead to peace of mind, reduced stress, and bring you what you think you need that VP position for because.....ONLY THEN........ will you/I/me be in control and that control brings the power to define your own path......which will make you happy.

AND.....Embrace the feeling of being fortunate and be grateful for every day you have and love the present moment!
Cool. But didn't I hear David Carradine's character recite this on an episode of Kung Fu?:cool: