Wearing hats on stage ...

tartanphantom

Friend of Fred
Jul 30, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
While I don't always wear a hat while performing, I still do it quite frequently.
I sweat a lot from my brow. A lot. Always have, especially if the ambient temperature gets above 74 degrees F, or if the stage is lit with a lot of old-fashioned incandescent can lights. Some sort of headgear keeps the sweat out of my eyes, and headbands went out with the '80s, so a hat fits the bill perfectly.

Will I gig without a hat? Of course. But the A/C better be set at least at a tolerable 72 degrees or less.

As far as the argument of "you can't wear a cowboy hat unless you have cows", that's like saying you can't wear clothes unless you're a weaver or a seamstress. Although I have raised several head of cattle in my lifetime, I don't currently own any.
I'll wear pretty much what I dang well please, though.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

Back in Black

Country Gent
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
While I don't always wear a hat while performing, I still do it quite frequently.
I sweat a lot from my brow. A lot. Always have, especially if the ambient temperature gets above 74 degrees F, or if the stage is lit with a lot of old-fashioned incandescent can lights. Some sort of headgear keeps the sweat out of my eyes, and headbands went out with the '80s, so a hat fits the bill perfectly.

Will I gig without a hat? Of course. But the A/C better be set at least at a tolerable 72 degrees or less.

As far as the argument of "you can't wear a cowboy hat unless you have cows", that's like saying you can't wear clothes unless you're a weaver or a seamstress. Although I have raised several head of cattle in my lifetime, I don't currently own any.
I'll wear pretty much what I dang well please, though.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

That's quite a variety...witches, cowboys, ghouls, undertakers, good ole boys, soldiers, and Shriners.

I'd be interested in knowing what you call that combo.

''Village People on Steroids'' comes to mind.

I really like that little red ''box'', I see that's the ''High Performance model''

Best,

BIB.

Last edited:

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
Ozzie the Shriner.
You asking him if he drives little go karts in 4th of July parades?

Profuse sweating: A muffin fan installed in TartanPhantom’s cowboy hat will help.
No not me ... I just can't get past the hat . Ozzie ??? don't think he's worthy enough . Now Brad Paisley , there's a proud Shriner

Runamok

Country Gent
Ah , there's a few of us on the forum Brother
Not a joiner.

I just like the Motorcycle Precision Drill Team, Go-Kart Regatas & Lawnmower Quadrilles they used to do in the intersections during parades.

All the Shriners I knew were not people who ought brandish scimitars & other sharp or heavy things after their first drink. There was irony in this.

The fez though, nearly had me.
Inquiring Minds: Is Little Ed actually a Shriner?

Last edited: