Way to remove lacquer from bigsby plate

Chmason85

Country Gent
May 1, 2018
Philadelphia
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has a way to cleanly remove the black lacquer from a from a bigsby plate. Specifically just where the patent number is, not the whole plate. I just want everything written on there to show, I imagine it would take a little sanding block or something? I don’t wanna crack the finish as it seems pretty durable

hcsterg

Friend of Fred
Silver Member
Feb 13, 2012
France
I don't think that there is lacquer on Bigsby - at list on the US models, I never saw that - it's only polished aluminium !

Aw, sorry : you were speaking about the black paint... Au temps pour moi ! It's quite easy to rub and scratch, and complete the work neatly with an accessory as mentioned by @Texas Slim above.

A+!

Chmason85

Country Gent
May 1, 2018
Philadelphia
Wow I thought it would take something much more abrasive! The black paint seems really solid and thick. It’s purely cosmetic, I just want it to look like some of the real old ones I’ve seen where all the lettering is exposed

Chmason85

Country Gent
May 1, 2018
Philadelphia
I was finally able to quickly and cleanly remove the enamel off the patent number part of my bigsby, all that extra black on there was making it look like an import to me. Was about to give up but I remembered I had a flat dremel tool with a flexible tip so I went right over it and in less than a minute I had the look I wanted!
5B65A9CF-767E-4027-AED4-FD4E62AAE78A.jpeg 92EE593B-5000-4189-8962-2748BAF1ACF5.jpeg

Latest posts