Watching Rob Zombies Munsters movie

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Well, some of its funny some is slow. B rates Munsters show. I have very high hopes would would say its ok. I expected more horror and less funny. It’s more funny comedy no horror.

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I made the mistake of preordering it on Itunes. Had I realized it was a comedy I wouldn’t have. Some of it has you laughing your butt off then it slows a bit. I can’t say if it was good or bad. I was seriously expecting a more dark scary Munsters so my opinion is a bit off right now.

Cryin_Caleb_Aaron

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
I’ll watch it, but my hopes have never been lower for a RZ project, and that says something cuz I’m always expecting terrible when it come to Zombie’s movies.

I’ll admit to liking his trilogy (House of 1,000 Corpses, Devils Rejects, 3 From Hell), and I’ll admit to liking Lords of Salem (in spite of how dumb some of it was). However, for the most part, his pseudo-hillbilly, trashy approach to writing everything gets VERY tiresome.

Vlad the Inhaler

Electromatic
Jun 28, 2022
hell
it made me vomit in my mouth repeatedly -

sherri moon zombie as lili munster is just atrocious, dude who plays grandpa is pretty good but reckon michael imperioli would've made the role really come to life -

i give this movie a 1 1/2 out of 10 xxx

Cryin_Caleb_Aaron

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
Well at least I’m not the only one who wasn’t thrilled with it. I like comedies but this had issues the character choices being a big part of it for me!
My problem is that it’s a comedy that didn’t even give me so much a smirk.
10 minutes was all I could stand.
That’s farther than I made it into RZ’s movie 31. I only got about 45 seconds into that one.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Never was a Munsters fan. They were nothing but Hollywood parodies.
All of The Addams Family came from the twisted mind of Charles Addams.
From what little I saw of the promos, the Munsters aren't for me.
Neither is Rob Zombie.

Cryin_Caleb_Aaron

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
Never was a Munsters fan. They were nothing but Hollywood parodies.
All of The Addams Family came from the twisted mind of Charles Addams.
From what little I saw of the promos, the Munsters aren't for me.
Neither is Rob Zombie.
Yeah, The Munsters was a spoof on the regular conventional sitcom tropes of the time. The middle class family with the nagging wife, the silly husband etc etc.

The Addams family were anything but conventional. They were extremely wealthy weirdos. Morticia never nagged, and Gomez’s wasn’t silly, he was insane!

They were constant meddlers! 75% of the story lines feature Gomez and Morticia meddling in other people’s affairs, trying to be helpful, but often destroying the lives of the beneficiaries of their charity. I love the one when they’re trying to help a local politician win an election. Or when they try to help their newlywed neighbors decorate their new house.
I love both shows, but the Addams was far superior in my book.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Yeah, The Munsters was a spoof on the regular conventional sitcom tropes of the time. The middle class family with the nagging wife, the silly husband etc etc.

The Addams family were anything but conventional. They were extremely wealthy weirdos. Morticia never nagged, and Gomez’s wasn’t silly, he was insane!

They were constant meddlers! 75% of the story lines feature Gomez and Morticia meddling in other people’s affairs, trying to be helpful, but often destroying the lives of the beneficiaries of their charity. I love the one when they’re trying to help a local politician win an election. Or when they try to help their newlywed neighbors decorate their new house.
I love both shows, but the Addams was far superior in my book.
Gomez and Morticia were madly in love.

Cryin_Caleb_Aaron

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
Gomez and Morticia were madly in love.
Right? The way most of those old sitcom families acted, you’d think the married couples either didn’t really know each other, or didn’t really like each other.
The whole Addams family dynamic was based around M&G’s romance, and their love and devotion to their family.

I read somewhere that Gomez’s fortune was estimated to be in the billions, haha. I dunno what that’s based on, but I like it!

Trash Kidd

Country Gent
Silver Member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 14, 2015
London U.K.
Hasn’t reached Netflix here in the UK yet.
I’ll give it a go when it does.
I’ll just treat it as a bit of fun.
Can’t see it living up to the original Munsters series from what I’ve heard…

Latest posts