( UPDATED ) Anybody figures out how to delete pics in the new software?

Julio Iguana

Electromatic
Feb 15, 2022
NC
This is a guess. If you use Imgur or something like that, remove it there. Again, I’m guessing. Good luck.

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
I would like to know as well. I can select the pic, and a menu pops up. But I can’t select an action, so the “go” button doesn’t go anywhere.

telemnemonics

Gretschie
Apr 12, 2020
Maine
Hmmm, I'm not sure about media albums, but after 24 hours we lose editing privileges and our content belongs to enthused Digital.

Albums could be different though since we can delete our avatar pic.

tartanphantom

Friend of Fred
Jul 30, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I'm talking specifically about the media album pics. Prior to the recent platform change, deleting pics was easy... I had replaced some duplicates with higher-quality versions many times by deleting the old one and uploading the new one.

Now, nothing. It's exactly like @Ricochet described when trying to perform an action on the pic. it looks to me like the capability is there, but is has not been switched on... maybe an oversight when the new platform was deployed? Does the big boss check this forum section?

Any ideas, @thunder58 or @Synchro ? I'm not suggesting that either of you can fix it, but is there someone who can? As I said, it was quite do-able before the recent change.

Another concern is that neither the "Terms and rules", "Contact Us" OR the "Privacy policy" are available from the links below-- they are all dead links... I think that's pretty important stuff to leave out.

Last edited:

audept

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Dec 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I'm talking specifically about the media album pics. Prior to the recent platform change, deleting pics was easy... I had replaced some duplicates with higher-quality versions many times by deleting the old one and uploading the new one.

Now, nothing. It's exactly like @Ricochet described when trying to perform an action on the pic. it looks to me like the capability is there, but is has not been switched on... maybe an oversight when the new platform was deployed? Does the big boss check this forum section?

Any ideas, @thunder58 or @Synchro ? I'm not suggesting that either of you can fix it, but is there someone who can? As I said, it was quite do-able before the recent change.

Another concern is that neither the "Terms and rules", "Contact Us" OR the "Privacy policy" are available from the links below-- they are all dead links... I think that's pretty important stuff to leave out.
None of the links under "Gretsch-Talk Features" are working. I know they are working on the banner at the top of the page, but why not clean them off the bottom of the page if they are now redundant?

cowmoo

Country Gent
Aug 19, 2011
North Wales
I just deleted a photo in the penguin armrest thread.
There was a bin icon in the top right when i opened the edit option.
This was a good few hours after posting it originally.

tartanphantom

Friend of Fred
Jul 30, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I just deleted a photo in the penguin armrest thread.
There was a bin icon in the top right when i opened the edit option.
This was a good few hours after posting it originally.

I have no problem deleting pics in a thread or message. That involves nothing more than editing and deleting the pic link or the attachment, depending on how you posted it.

What I'm talking about is deleting pics from personal media albums, such as this. Sorry I didn't make myself clear.
There used to be a bin (trash) option in the albums section, but it's not there anymore.

audept

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Dec 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I have no problem deleting pics in a thread or message. That involves nothing more than editing and deleting the pic link or the attachment, depending on how you posted it.

What I'm talking about is deleting pics from personal media albums, such as this. Sorry I didn't make myself clear.
There used to be a bin (trash) option in the albums section, but it's not there anymore.
I couldn't find a way to delete the media album pics either, Rob.

cowmoo

Country Gent
Aug 19, 2011
North Wales

Sorry, I probably misunderstood. 😊

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
Members should now be able to delete photos in the members gallery.

Thanks for your patience.

Alex

Not to sound ungrateful but it’s still a PITA.

There is no dedicated delete button or trashcan icon, just a microscopic triangle.
I still can not delete a whole album.
While I’m here can we request a direct link from member profile to member albums?
Also the option to set privacy per album would be nice to restore.