Treble bleed stock?

ForTheLoveOfIvy

Gretschie
Feb 28, 2022
London
I think all the player’s editions have it, I know they have no-load tone pots which still seemingly do very little
Interesting. I've never had a treble bleed on a guitar but I've never had the master volume of any of my Gretsches react like this one...ie as I dial it back it gets a little brighter as well as cleaner. It makes pedals that I don't think of as pedals that "clean up" clean up beautifully!

Chmason85

Country Gent
May 1, 2018
Philadelphia
Interesting. I've never had a treble bleed on a guitar but I've never had the master volume of any of my Gretsches react like this one...ie as I dial it back it gets a little brighter as well as cleaner. It makes pedals that I don't think of as pedals that "clean up" clean up beautifully!
Actually, I think the whole VS line has treble bleed, no? For some reason I remember my 53VS jet having it. My 6228 had the no-load tone pot which the 53 definitely did not have.

MadKaw

Gretschie
Apr 17, 2020
Michigan, USA
In reality, you should be able to tell, by lowering the MV knob, whether one exists or not, and if you can’t, why have one?
Aye, there's the rub. I'm beginning to think I'm not really a gear-head. I'm pondering the heretical thought that it's results that count, not how much you spend to get there... I hope they don't cancel all my forum memberships.

G-Point

Electromatic
Apr 17, 2022
Australia
Yes - at least for the 3-PU 1st Series : it was a Kinman-like style with 6.8nF and 250K.

A+!
Kinman's circuit is the best, but it is optimized for 250k Volume pot. 250k resistor is an optimal value for a 500k Volume pot. Concerning the cap - try different values - starting from 680pF, and then going up.

Latest posts