TOP 20 TWO GUITAR BANDS OF ALL TIME

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
More pointless clickbait content from RB. I felt dirty just clicking on it.

No Television because Television won't get people clicking that link, subscribing and pressing that notification bell.

I feel offended...and for my Australian mates...Midnight Oil.
I’ve pretty much had my fill of Rick Beato. He’s not without value, but it really bothers me that after I bought one of his books, he took that as license to start spamming me. YouTube doesn’t always bring out the best in people.
The 50 Guitars of Tommy Garret
Most of whom were Tommy Tedesco. :)

Mr Swisher

Country Gent
Jun 12, 2012
England
YouTube doesn’t always bring out the best in people.

Theirs some great guitar players on YouTube, but most don't even try and create interesting material anymore. They are just sales people. If the internet didn't exist they'd not be in bands "making it", they'd be in your local guitar store nailing solos on the guitar they are trying to sell you.

Don't even get me started on this year's NAMM YouTuber sales conference.

Synchro

Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Theirs some great guitar players on YouTube, but most don't even try and create interesting material anymore. They are just sales people. If the internet didn't exist they'd not be in bands "making it", they'd be in your local guitar store nailing solos on the guitar they are trying to sell you.

Don't even get me started on this year's NAMM YouTuber sales conference.
I’ve seen some videos that are just pathetic. The ones I find the worst are the guys that sound like manic DJs, and are so convinced of theor talent that they don’t notice that all they are doing is playing the same handful of shopworn Guitar Center licks, that we’ve all tired of, years ago.

My least favorite are what I think of as the two chimpanzees videos. Two guys sit facing the camera, ostensibly demonstrating some minuscule difference between two guitars, amps, or pedals, but they usually end up just wailing away and they don’t really A/B anything. The JHS Pedal videos actually do real-time A/B comparisons, which make a huge difference.

If you want to see some great playing, check out this fellow. he’s an old friend, and a former instructor, that taught me a lot.

Powdog

Electromatic
Mar 15, 2012
Cool,CA
37303F27-3D5B-4E1B-86F9-7F16BD697E2C.jpeg
The jam band that renewed my faith in new rock&roll music. Moe. Chuck Garvey and Al Schnier play melodic riffs together then both go off on amazing lead solos.

Synchro

Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
These videos listing the “best” of anything are so stupid.
There are so many more worthwhile ways to completely waste my time.
I agree. It’s a bunch of click bait.

In the first place, it’s entirely arbitrary. The “Best” of whatever, in the opinion of the guy making the video. Who cares? Does making a video suddenly make someone an expert?

You get what you pay for, and YouTube pays for minutes viewed. So the formula that has developed is to make the viewer invest as much time as possible, before any useful information is presented. This, BTW, is exactly the strategy some car dealers use; where they try to keep you sitting in one place as a way of making you feel a lack of control of your circumstances and make you more pliable. The secret at a car dealer is to get up and walk around, instead of waiting in one place. It drives them crazy, and it also reminds them that you have free will.

When it comes to YouTube, the same thing applies. You don’t have to watch a 15 minute video to obtain 30 seconds worth of information. You can fast forward, or simply decide that the video is a waste of time and click out, which I do the second I realize that the video is just a waste of time.

“Best of” videos are a great platform for requiring the user to invest a lot of time before getting to the informational payload. Make a list of arbitrary parameters, find 20 guitarists that meet the parameters, then make a video filled with meaningless trivia so that viewers have to wait, and wait, and wait, until they get down to the top spot, at which point the viewer gets to find out if the guy that made the videos agrees with the viewer’s opinion. The thing is, it doesn’t matter what the conclusions of the video are, those are just a flimsy rationale for the existence of the video. If the conclusions of the video are outrageous, that’s all the better, because even that generates views, and it generates comments, which can only help to generate even more views.

Most of it is click bait.

Latest posts