Took a Gamble…

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
Not to hijack this thread or anything, but pic’s or it didn’t happen 😜

Mine looked just like this. @blueruins , IIRC, the color was Canary Yellow. My parents brought it to pick me up after my second year in college. As they had me pose for a picture, they let me know I was standing in front of my car. Believe me when I say it took a minute for that to sink in,
1660869993466.png

Last edited:

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
If you find the break angle is a bit too shallow, there is an AWESOME fix that Towner makes. I put one on my Rooster w the Jazzmaster vibrato, it was an experiment put that on the rooster w its flat top and I even used a Descent custom Vibrato instead of a standard Fender/Mastery one. I was getting too much slop on the low E, so I put this towner break bar on the bridge posts, boom ...fixed! Actually made the vibrato's action smoother and increased sustain. I would have never guessed. Very affordable and easy to install.

View attachment 187575

I must’ve missed those Towner bar model some how… so cool.

That is one sexy Nocturne Rooster!

Randy99CL

Country Gent
Feb 17, 2020
Albuquerque
LOL Nope, it was a rocket. 327cu. in. with a 4 barrel carb. For a big car, that thing could really fly!
Not to be anal but I lived this stuff.
Just to get the facts straight, the GTO had a 389 Pontiac engine, that's why it was revolutionary and so important. Their biggest engine (at the time) in the lightest (at the time) car.
They made a tripower (three two barrel carbs) version with more HP.

The most famous 327 engine was a Chevy, like the one in my '68 Camaro.

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
Not to be anal but I lived this stuff.
Just to get the facts straight, the GTO had a 389 Pontiac engine, that's why it was revolutionary and so important. Their biggest engine (at the time) in the lightest (at the time) car.
They made a tripower (three two barrel carbs) version with more HP.

The most famous 327 engine was a Chevy, like the one in my '68 Camaro.
Randy, you are likely correct, because back then I knew very little about car engines, and I am doing my best to remember the things I was told. Now that you mention it, I do seem to remember that a friend (who knew his car facts), told me that the GTO had a 427 option, but mine did not have that engine. He might well have told me it was the 389, but after all the years, I remembered the "27" and put a 3 in front of it.

I do remember that it was fast.