Three guitars walked into a bar…post yer trios here

Pete66

Gretschie
Nov 18, 2015
Wyre and Fylde
Very nice! What do you notice as the main differences between playing the country club and the falcon?

Well, the main difference is in construction. Rosewood board v Ebony, Spruce top v Maple.
Club has a soundpost and Falcon has top bracing.
Club has stock Dynas, Falcon has TVJones Dynas.
It's a negligible difference really. But it's the top wood that makes that difference. The timbre on the Falcon is just something else.
They both sound great though.

CheapGretschLover

Gretschie
Dec 2, 2019
Portland Oregon
My humble trio:
HlHTZuw.jpg

-Fender Road Worn 50s Telecaster w/ Fralin Jim Weider Pickups
-Gretsch 5120 w/ Blacktops
-Fender Classic 50s Stratocaster with Lollar Dirty Blondes

All great players. I only need one guitar but I just can't bear to get rid of any of them:)

Stefan87

Country Gent
May 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
It's not a trio...I know... but my trios would be any three of these. I've been working over the past few years to get my Murderers Row of guitars. Guitars I've always wanted. My collection has expanded and contracted over the years and my breaking point always comes when I feel I don't have the time to invest in maintaining them. So... I sold off what wasn't on that list and began building it up. The only guitar missing now is an SG with p90s. Hoping to get that next year.

View attachment 189706
Nice collection, how did you come across the chrome Cadillac tail piece? did you buy it new? only asking as I have thought about adding chrome one for one of my hollowbodies.

mbkri

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
well i suppose i have one more “trio” which would be my bucket list trio. The three that I always dreamed of owning someday but never actually imagined that i would, the three that took some patience and a lot of trading and some luck and some sacrifices.
My wife is away for the weekend and the kids were all busy so Ive been playing these three louder than usual.
2004 White Falcon, Stephen Stern copy of a ‘55 Roundup Relic and a ‘55 Gibson ES295.

B1D7BA3B-05EC-47AA-B9CD-AA69FEB9C811.jpeg 5B0246FF-707B-4AEB-B025-15A6513E47D7.jpeg

GrimSlim

Electromatic
Jul 22, 2022
Canada
So, lets hear that story!:)

Well hopefully I’m not derailing the thread too much, but here goes…

About 8-10 years ago I started really wheeling and dealing guitars on the local online classifieds. I managed to trade an old Teisco I got for free for an Epiphone Dot which I traded for an early 90’s MiM Strat. My bandmate fell in love with the Strat and bought it off me right as I found an ad posted for a disassembled Mosrite guitar. There were no pictures and the fellow was asking $600CAD this happened to be exactly how much I sold the Strat for. I also happened to be visiting family where the seller lived 2 hours away that weekend.

I met with the guy, he told me he’d take $500 for it before I even had a chance to make an offer and I bought the guitar. All the original pieces were there in an old busted hardcase, the finish was completely sanded off the back of the guitar and the vibrato arm was missing but everything else was there!

I had made friends with the guy I traded the Dot to, who happened to be a local tech and repaired guitars. I traded him a husk of a Harmony Stratotone to do a full repair and repaint the back of the Mosrite which he took on. In a few weeks I had the guitar back fully restored and set up, he brought it to an automotive shop that matched the paint on the back (just black not sunburst) and had a replacement vibrato handle from Hallmark guitars.

I stupidly traded the Mosrite but managed to get it back (a whole other story which involves losing a really nice ‘75 Les Paul Deluxe). A very well renown and talented local luthier also built a replacement neck for it with the profile of a 50’s tele neck which was included with the purchase back. It might be blasphemy to say, but it’s even better with the new neck, I’ve got the original tucked away as well. It’s my #1 stage and recording guitar and nothing else I’ve played sounds as stingy and mean as it does. I learned my lesson and now it’s not going anywhere!

stevo

Friend of Fred
May 1, 2012
Atlanta
...and they each order a shot of whisky. The shots come out and there's a fly in every one of them. The American one says, "I can't drink this, please get me another". The German one pulls out the fly and drinks it down. The Irish one says reaches in and pulls out the fly and starts shaking it violently saying, "spit it out you! spit it out!"

BarryMClark

Country Gent
Apr 4, 2011
Atlanta
Nice collection, how did you come across the chrome Cadillac tail piece? did you buy it new? only asking as I have thought about adding chrome one for one of my hollowbodies.
That was a tough piece to find. I inquired about one on here actually maybe 10-11 years ago. One person recalled another person had one. Indeed he did and he sold it me.

Once I move this guitar to a Caddy Green finish, I'll likely no longer have use for it as the hardware will likely move to gold. Will just have to see.

101dam

Electromatic
Mar 21, 2010
So here they be: my “solid” body guitars.
Two are “pre-damaged” and the black one is all shiny and minty when i can be bothered to clean it up.
G6128T with filtertrons, Nash T-52 with Nash Lollars, Stephen Stern “55” Relic Roundup with SD Dynasonics.
I had got my stable down to a good 7 keepers but this year I’ve added the doublecut 6128 AND the Nash T-52 so i think one of my hollow bodies has to go in the block soon. Aaargh. View attachment 186059
Patched up 1968 Streamliner, 2017 CB jr, and a 1979 Beast. 3 of a kind.jpg

Back in Black

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
Here's three more ''usual suspects''.

Yesterday afternoon, I finally finished repairs on the old Lemmy Kilmister Signature.

I had trouble with the new ''Starr Guitars'' harness, and had to enlist the help of Dave Starr, via e-mail, to get my foibles sorted out.

All the wood refinished, lots of new parts,...I'm liking it...''A LOT!!

The black nylon tapewound D'Addario strings, 50/105 set the bass off nicely, and man, do they thump!

Thanks goes out to StewMac, Starr Guitars, Don McRay and my loving wife's patience.

In need of a new project!

Best,

BIB

DSCF1573.JPG

Last edited:

Styleruk

Electromatic
Apr 2, 2011
Uk
Gig these so much. The Rancher and 6120 with a neo rockabilly band, the jet with a rock and roll band and the 6120/jet with a traditional rockabilly band. Also my resonator goes out with the neo band these days. This was taken after a long deep clean session, they have dents and scratches but still look amazing. Jet I've had for 20 years now, the 6120 and rancher has done nearly 8 years of hard labour.

IMG_20171026_114534_871.jpg

Styleruk

Electromatic
Apr 2, 2011
Uk
well i suppose i have one more “trio” which would be my bucket list trio. The three that I always dreamed of owning someday but never actually imagined that i would, the three that took some patience and a lot of trading and some luck and some sacrifices.
My wife is away for the weekend and the kids were all busy so Ive been playing these three louder than usual.
2004 White Falcon, Stephen Stern copy of a ‘55 Roundup Relic and a ‘55 Gibson ES295.

View attachment 189778 View attachment 189779
Phenomenal

Maguchi

Gretschie
Aug 11, 2022
Lalaland
So here they be: my “solid” body guitars.
Two are “pre-damaged” and the black one is all shiny and minty when i can be bothered to clean it up.
G6128T with filtertrons, Nash T-52 with Nash Lollars, Stephen Stern “55” Relic Roundup with SD Dynasonics.
I had got my stable down to a good 7 keepers but this year I’ve added the doublecut 6128 AND the Nash T-52 so i think one of my hollow bodies has to go in the block soon. Aaargh.
20220927_130515.jpg
Here's rhe hollow version of that.

Last edited: