The Buck Owens Show with Don Rich

speedicut

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2012
Alabama
I've been binging Buck's show on YT and man, that Don Rich is something else!
Stellar guitar playing and fantastic singing harmonies... too bad he was killed in a motorcycle accident at a relatively young age, I would've loved to hear more production from him.
I'm not really a fan of Buck's music but that Bakersfield sound and Don are too good to not watch.
Just finished watching them play I Got So Hungry For Your Love ( I Went Through Your Welfare Line ) lol
I know there are some Don Rich fans here...love his gold flake Tele too!

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
I've been binging Buck's show on YT and man, that Don Rich is something else!
Stellar guitar playing and fantastic singing harmonies... too bad he was killed in a motorcycle accident at a relatively young age, I would've loved to hear more production from him.
I'm not really a fan of Buck's music but that Bakersfield sound and Don are too good to not watch.
Just finished watching them play I Got So Hungry For Your Love ( I Went Through Your Welfare Line ) lol
I know there are some Don Rich fans here...love his gold flake Tele too!
I’m pretty certain that I’ve seen that exact same clip, recently. Don Rich was impressive, to say the least. He well could have become a star in his own right.

speedicut

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2012
Alabama
Yeah, not only did he have a great voice, he was talented enough for Buck to allow him to solo on many shows.

bustedacres

Electromatic
Nov 17, 2022
Seattle
Don Rich was unbelievable; a great great harmony singer, fantastic guitar player, excellent fiddle player, and on top of all that, he was handsome as hell, had the greatest smile, and seemed like the happiest musician ever.

He sure aged fast, though, due to heavy drinking, among other things. Tyler Mayan Coe’s indispensable COCAINE AND RHINESTONES podcast did a really deep, two-part dive on Buck and Don, and it made me a really big fan.

PS if you haven’t already, check out the Carnegie Hall album; it’s the best live album I’ve ever heard, and it’s all truly live, no overdubs.

Attachments

• 863283A8-0A10-4D32-BB87-F28979D0426C.jpeg
    863283A8-0A10-4D32-BB87-F28979D0426C.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 5