Supporting member tag!

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I want one but sadly my wife hasn’t worked for six weeks. She took a ten pound log of hamburger out of the deep freezer sat it on the counter and it rolled off and shattered her big toe! Another week or two she’ll be back I’ll get caught up on some bills and Christmas then I’ll have a pretty tag too!

mbkri

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
Ouch!
A hamburger injury.
Im sorry to hear that. And im sure ( i hope ) none of us on the forum are using these badges to create any kind of judgement or competition. Personally I think they may do more harm than serve any positive purpose. You have no reason to feel like you have to explain yourself. Your commitment to our community is clear.
Wishing mrs Bertotti a speedy recovery

mrfixitmi

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2010
Michigan
@Bertotti
Our prayers go out to you for quick recovery for the Mrs. To be honest as @mbkri has stated this is not any method to judge anyone. Your kindness, integrity and ability to help us means more than just a label. Having a label and being judgemental, rude, and mean spirited would taint the label for sure. Our excellent moderators have worked diligently to uphold our rules, and that it what we focus on. If people are starting to feel this way, I would gladly have the label removed if possible. I do support this site, for I feel there are no others as good as this one that follows up on keeping the spirit alive. Let's focus on giving you the support you need, as you have always given support to others. If you want a label that badly, please pm me and we can work something out my friend.

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Thanks all, but honestly it has nothing to do with competition I just like that gold banner! Hahahha

doesnt bother me one way or another not having it but something in my minds eye likes the color and look so I want one! That and if it helps keep one of the very few civil boards, if not a bit to civil at times, open then I’m in.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
I'm in a similar situation. My wife got admitted to the hospital Monday with an acute attack of pancreatitis. Too many bills as of late (not to mention rampant inflation) and a limited retirement income keeps extras at an all time low. It's a "I would if I could" kinda thing. Same reason I haven't bought an instrument since I retired. The kids' needs are more important than anything extra for me.

Back in Black

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
I'm in a similar situation. My wife got admitted to the hospital Monday with an acute attack of pancreatitis. Too many bills as of late (not to mention rampant inflation) and a limited retirement income keeps extras at an all time low. It's a "I would if I could" kinda thing. Same reason I haven't bought an instrument since I retired. The kids' needs are more important than anything extra for me.

Hey Slim,

Wishing your wife a a speedy recovery!

Best,

BIB.

Back in Black

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
I want one but sadly my wife hasn’t worked for six weeks. She took a ten pound log of hamburger out of the deep freezer sat it on the counter and it rolled off and shattered her big toe! Another week or two she’ll be back I’ll get caught up on some bills and Christmas then I’ll have a pretty tag too!
Hey Bertotti,

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery!

Priorities first!

Best,

BIB.

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I Sure hope she is doing better! Mine will be back to work in a couple of weeks.

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Bertotti---
I feel for your wife. Mine dropped a heavy file drawer on her toe years ago. You wish you could take the pain for her. Worst part is that the house just feels so empty without her.
I told her she is milking it! I was in a boot for six weeks when my ankle got spun completely backwards. I set it back in place with a lot of grinding popping sounds finished the class and went to the doctor the next morning. She said we can’t all be psychotic Jarheads. I suppose that’s a good thing. 🤪

Last edited:

mrfixitmi

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2010
Michigan
Slim, Your wife, you and your family are in our prayers, if being ill is not bad enough, but being apart during family time like the Holidays makes it ten times worse. PM me if you need help.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Thanks for all of your well wishes. Mrs. Slim is holding her own. She's loaded on pain meds and pretty well out of things. She's in good hands and they haven't found any serious damage which is a good thing. There's some diverticulitis as well. She just wants to be left alone at this point to sleep.
Worst part for me is that there's just nothing I can do to help her. I just feel so helpless.
My ills and aches seem so small and pointless in comparison. All I can do is pray for her.