Suggestion for a boredom stopper for about 2 weeks

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
I will give it a look. Im still working on a book by Bill kruetzman from the Dead, had it for about a year, maybe half way through. Maybe if it was built into a thread here it should get finished.
That's a good read. Mickey Hart has three books out that are even better.
I had to stop halfway thru Warren Zevon's bio as it was just too depressing.

Hammerhands

Country Gent
Aug 26, 2011
Winnipeg
Someone on another forum keeps posting Gittler guitars, they are expensive. So are a Steinberger Synapse and Keisel HH2X.

A Steinberger GT-Pro is cheap, you need to get the single ball string adaptor, STADG06. It's not really all that light.

I like my Synapse SS-2F, except that it doesn't have a tremolo. It lives on a modified stand behind a couch, the only guitar I leave out, 'cause I don't worry about it. I had to get the saddles modified to fit 11-56 strings. The Transcale ST-2FPA would keep you amused for at least a week. I would buy a Keisel HH2X just to get the trem.

Those Traveler guitars are not too expensive. I remember there was a minimalist travel guitar...Ministar. The Jamstik Guitar Trainer, how does that make sound? You would run out of frets pretty quick. ZXX Electric Silence Guitar.

Last edited:

freddyfingers

Gretschified
Platinum Member
@freddyfingers so, hanging in there? Feeling any better?
Thanks for asking. I still have the sensation that if i move to quickly or lift a bag of groceries i will suffer immediate fall out. However the pains that felt like my kidneys went through a round or 2 of Mike Tyson has subsided. I did go and jam a bit in my yard, with my son bringing out mine and my wifes gear. I had to , as its summer and most of the homes around me are rentals with loud drunk rental people, so its my only payback. As long as i sit its not as bad. I need a thinner bodied guitar, as the pressure of the acoustic on my side triggers it a bit as well.

As they say in olden days, “stiff upper lip”.