String dampening a hollow body?

Shannon A

Electromatic
Jun 1, 2022
Michigan
Just got my 5422tg last week and am noticing a definite metallic ring that translates through the pickups when I play aggressively and then palm mute. If I aggressively strum a power chord, for example, and then mute the strings for an abrubt pause, the metallic ring is very audible.
My Jazzmaster does the same thing, but I never noticed it before paying close attention, because it's so much less audible than the 5422. My Strat doesn't do it at all.
Since the Jazzmaster and 5422 share some similar traits with bridge design, I'm thinking it's the lack of tension on the strings at that point.
Anyone face this issue before, and if so, did you end up dampening your strings in any way?

JC higgy

Gretschified
Jun 6, 2008
Belfast Norn Iron
Here's my wolftone eliminator !;)

full

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Mine are rubber adhesives you put under the furniture not to scratch wooden floors. I cut their sides with an exacto knife so they would fit better. But, as @wabash slim said, it could be almost anything.
The rubber grommets most use are 3/8". Something like 6 cents each at Ace Hardware. They go out of shape after a couple of years, so you'll have to get another set of three eventually.
Violin dampeners should be available from wherever you get rosin and strings and such.

VRomanojr

Electromatic
Dec 4, 2012
West Virginia
The rubber grommets most use are 3/8". Something like 6 cents each at Ace Hardware. They go out of shape after a couple of years, so you'll have to get another set of three eventually. Violin dampeners should be available from wherever you get rosin and strings and such.
I guess I need a trip to Ace! Thanks.