Sometimes I get the feeling

toddfan

Country Gent
Mar 12, 2012
Kansas
12 Electric 6-strings (although one has been out on loan for over two years...lol)
01 Electric 12-string
02 Electric Bass Guitars
03 Acoustic 6-strings
01 Genz Benz Black Pearl Tube amplifier
01 Kemper Modeling amplifier

In the last 3 years or so I've sold more guitars than I have acquired...and there are still a few I think about selling. And, thankfully there is only one guitar (a bass, actually) that I have a hankering for: a Rickenbacker 4003 Bass that would be as close as I can currently get to replacing the 4001 I stupidly sold when I stopped gigging in my younger days. I loved that bass, and would love to have one again (even though I rarely touch any of my bass guitars nowadays).

It's too many guitars for me, FOR SURE. But, I like having them, so,...whatcha gonna do? I couple are obscured by my stereo speakers, one electric is beside my desk (not shown), and one of the acoustics is in it's case in another room...and another electric is not shown because it's been on "loan" for a couple years.

IMG_4225.jpg

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
My take is to make every guitar count. IOW, buy what you really want, and then hang onto the instruments you buy.

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
12 Electric 6-strings (although one has been out on loan for over two years...lol)
01 Electric 12-string
02 Electric Bass Guitars
03 Acoustic 6-strings
01 Genz Benz Black Pearl Tube amplifier
01 Kemper Modeling amplifier

In the last 3 years or so I've sold more guitars than I have acquired...and there are still a few I think about selling. And, thankfully there is only one guitar (a bass, actually) that I have a hankering for: a Rickenbacker 4003 Bass that would be as close as I can currently get to replacing the 4001 I stupidly sold when I stopped gigging in my younger days. I loved that bass, and would love to have one again (even though I rarely touch any of my bass guitars nowadays).

It's too many guitars for me, FOR SURE. But, I like having them, so,...whatcha gonna do? I couple are obscured by my stereo speakers, one electric is beside my desk (not shown), and one of the acoustics is in it's case in another room...and another electric is not shown because it's been on "loan" for a couple years.

View attachment 190804

When you display them so tastefully like that, you don't need to play them.

TSims1

Gretschified
Jun 18, 2013
Atlanta
that I am in the minority here having only four electric guitars. A Minarick Lotus Studio, Two Strats an mim and a cij, and My Penguin.

I often get the feeling everyone here have at least a dozen or quadruple that more electric guitars! And I actually like acoustic better.

You definitely have work to do. Start tomorrow. Hoard more if ya wanna hang with the cool kids. ;)

I kid I kid! Running lean and mean is a great strategy in all honesty. And I love electric and acoustic equally. People seem to enjoy watching me play electric…..I think it’s more exciting to the average person visually maybe? But I am TOTALLY just as happy strumming cowboy chords on a great sounding acoustic. I’ve always said a dream job for me would be playing rhythm acoustic guitar for someone like Vince Gill. That would totally float my boat.

Irish-Jay

Electromatic
Silver Member
Jul 2, 2015
Vancouver, WA
that I am in the minority here having only four electric guitars. A Minarick Lotus Studio, Two Strats an mim and a cij, and My Penguin.

I often get the feeling everyone here have at least a dozen or quadruple that more electric guitars! And I actually like acoustic better.
I’m equal opportunity; I have 10 acoustics and 19 electrics 😂👍🏻

Runamok

Country Gent
View attachment 190819
I have 11 (or maybe 12) guitars but I only have 5 out at any one time displayed on the Wall fb the Sonic Apocalypse. These get rotated depending what I am doing/ playing / feeling like. I have a Epiphone Dot and a Martin OOO28 which really should be looking for new homes but you know how it is.……
Wall of the Sonic Apocalypse.
Here I thought that was in Mordor.

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
View attachment 190819
I have 11 (or maybe 12) guitars but I only have 5 out at any one time displayed on the Wall fb the Sonic Apocalypse. These get rotated depending what I am doing/ playing / feeling like. I have a Epiphone Dot and a Martin OOO28 which really should be looking for new homes but you know how it is.……

I’d surmise jump shots are illegal at your place? 🫣

Edit: Ah never mind, it’s a snooker table.

Robbie

Friend of Fred
Jun 17, 2013
Sarnia Ontario Canada
I live vicariously through my Friends that have a large number of guitars. I’m simply not wired to enjoy having a large number of guitars…but I’d like to be.

I have it whittled down to 5 instruments (no acoustic) and at that 2 of the 5 don’t get out all that often. With the instruments I have I feel I’m covered for anything I may get called to do.

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
I've never had more than six at once. For the last 15 years the count has been down to one or two. Two is always the goal, but for much of that time I've been down to one and waiting for number two to arrive.

Latest posts