So, what has your Tele told you lately?

WillyW

Electromatic
May 3, 2022
ABQ
I lucked out and found a pre made control plate used at my local, only Hadda solder two wires🤘
The pickup I found used too, I don't know what it is but it's HOT, round 10k and it's Alnico. Got around$200.00 into this and it rips!

I found one on ebay for about what I spent in parts trying to make the last one.

I'm decent at basic soldering and wiring, but a 4 way esquire just lost me....

I have 3 of the nocaster CS pickups.. It's time to let at least one do what it was made to do.

BuddyHollywood

Gretschie
Sep 11, 2009
Venice, CA
If this were a bass forum the thread would be titled, "So what has your Precision told you lately?"

Even thought the Stratocaster shape was modelled after the Precision, functionally I think the Telecaster and Precision align as the one instrument for everything guitar and bass.

WillyW

Electromatic
May 3, 2022
ABQ
One of them told me to rip out it's front pickup and rewire it into a Esquire. View attachment 183538 now it's telling me it needs strings.

I tried esquire wiring with the multiple caps and resistors and I got so confused I just put the other pickup back in....

I may try again.... but I won't change my strings.....

I lucked out and found a pre made control plate used at my local, only Hadda solder two wires🤘
The pickup I found used too, I don't know what it is but it's HOT, round 10k and it's Alnico. Got around$200.00 into this and it rips!

I found one on ebay for about what I spent in parts trying to make the last one.

I'm decent at basic soldering and wiring, but a 4 way esquire just lost me....

I have 3 of the nocaster CS pickups.. It's time to let at least one do what it was made to do.

I ordered a 4 way off eBay… active tracking almost immediately…

tracking says it will be delivered tomorrow…

I hope the guy read my message about the Bill Kirchen reverse control plate…. I don’t want to have to resolder my new harness…

already set to drop it in…

I want a new pickguard and I absolutely dislike boring guitar colours… like this one, but I’m wondering if I shouldn’t just use a single ply black pickguard.

I hate tort, but maybe that’s an option…

I did like the off white I had on previously…

gold anodized?

previous pickguard ….

Last edited:

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
Mine has told me to quit playing SRV material on it as that are what its cousin (my Strats) are for.....AND...... that it is the "easiest" to play even when my playing is not "up to par" on a any given day.

eu6h1tmjvgpdfu1tfem7.jpg

WillyW

Electromatic
May 3, 2022
ABQ
I ordered a 4 way off eBay… active tracking almost immediately…

tracking says it will be delivered tomorrow…

I hope the guy read my message about the Bill Kirchen reverse control plate…. I don’t want to have to resolder my new harness…

already set to drop it in…

I want a new pickguard and I absolutely dislike boring guitar colours… like this one, but I’m wondering if I shouldn’t just use a single ply black pickguard.

I hate tort, but maybe that’s an option…

I did like the off white I had on previously…

gold anodized?

previous pickguard ….

got bored waiting for the post office to deliver my wiring harness and didn’t want to spend any more money on a pickguard.

Telechamp

Country Gent
Oct 20, 2010
Tampa Bay
My Tele told me it needs to lose some weight, and I’m working on it.

My 2009 Squier CV50's Tele told me the same thing - it was right at 10 lbs 😫 but played and sounded great..

So I ordered a lightweight GFS Daphne Blue paulownia body, and had my tech dude swap the CV50's neck and hardware to the GFS body.

Voila! 5.11 lbs now - and still sounds the same!

zoF4wEi.jpg

VbBprs6.jpg