So, what has your Tele told you lately?

AZBrahma

Synchromatic
Dec 18, 2020
Arizona
Same thing it tells me every time I interact with it. "Some days, I like what we do together. It's good stuff. Other days, pal, you're not enough to handle me. "

toddfan

Country Gent
Mar 12, 2012
Kansas
@thunder58

That was a beautiful guitar...I almost wish I had it back......almost.

I've actually been thinning down the herd since then. Several guitars have left the house. I used the sale proceeds to buy a Taylor 12 String...and now, THAT guitar is gone along with a couple amps and a couple other guitars.

Sadly...there are still a few that need to go...at least, that's what my wife tells me.

:oops:

I still get the urge to buy a Tele every once in a while. But, I'm trying very, VERY hard to limit my new arrivals to one of these that I am currently wanting: a Tom Anderson Drop Top "S" of some sort (if I think it's "pretty"), a Rickenbacker 4003 in Mapleglo (for sentimental reasons...that's the instrument {a 4001, though} I played in my youth when I was actually a working "musician") and the longshot--a Hofner German Beatle Bass (just "because").

I'm also considering selling my Taylor K22ce KOA and instead, getting a...wait for it....Martin acoustic.

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
In all honesty .... my Tele told me I could never bond with them , and in the past I've owned 3
My homebuilt Tele actually has a Strat neck with rosewood fingerboard, I found that I prefered the feel of that on the fingers to the typical tele maple fretboards.

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
My homebuilt Tele actually has a Strat neck with rosewood fingerboard, I found that I prefered the feel of that on the fingers to the typical tele maple fretboards.
I must say that Tele you posted in the " Fathers Day " thread that you and your dad built is gorgeous . Now a Tele 12 string ....... that I'd just may bond with

Intensely Calm

Electromatic
Jan 3, 2017
Florida
"my tele told me..."
Honestly I couldn't hear what the brunette was saying, she was bound and gagged in a gig bag.
After a quick Houdini maneuver to rescue her, she had nothing nice to say.

brunette.jpg

"you don't love me anymore", "who's the red-head, who's the blonde...", "don't touch me like that, I'm not in the mood..."

I do like her, but jeez, she needs a timeout. So, back in the bag she went.

I settled in on the couch with my blonde, she likes me.

blonde.jpg

General_Lee

Gretschie
Apr 23, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
I don’t think there is a more beautiful to tone than a Martin Dreadnought, especially a Mahogany back and sided D-18…
I've got one too. And you are right - the D18 is just about the finest acoustic you can get. Incredible bang for the buck. And playability is second to none...

Latest posts