Smoke from forest fires

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I was working out in Gillette Wy this week. OMG the smoke in the air was so thick. Belle Fourche was so Smokey on the way back it was surreal. My throat is killing me. The doctors are going to be busy over there for awhile. This picture of the sun was a clearer day. B9908D59-7F62-4884-A288-85EC4E6A66F9.jpeg

Last edited:

dspellman

Gretschie
Jul 4, 2020
Los Angeles
During the Census here in Los Angeles, there were constant wildfires relatively close by.
In one case the smoke could be seen rolling down the street and census-takers had to seek refuge inside the nearest sealed buildings. The smoke is seriously toxic and the chemicals released can even cause permanent damage to respiratory and nervous systems.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I’ve had itchy scratchy lungs ever since the operation six weeks ago. All of this smoke did not help that persistent cough. It is way worse enough that if it isn’t getting better tomorrow it’s off to the doc. I have no idea how the people living there will be affected. Some didn’t seem to notice while others were non stop coughing.

Powdog

Gretschie
Mar 15, 2012
Cool,CA
1663284312930.jpeg
I live 20 miles southwest of the 64,000 acre Mosquito fire in North Central California. The winds have been blowing northeast which is good for me but very unfortunate for the Truckee/Lake Tahoe and Reno NV communities. Hazardous levels of smoke in some places,

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
If you have never been in a forest fire it is very hard to describe and doesn’t do the real deal justice. I was heading out to Victorville one time, and in the pass the fire trucks were pulling to the side. We firgired a car fire down the hill but about a quarter mile past them the fire jumped the interstate as I was driving. I found out the caravan I was driving could do 120mph when pushed! I can’t describe what it’s like to drive down the road while the forest fire jumps the road all around you.

Last edited:

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Back from the doctor. I’ve had a cough since my umbilical hernia at the end of July but the smoke made it so much worse. Doc says probably an atypical bacteria infection in my lungs. Yipieee. ill Be very glad when this cough is gone. My head is splitting!

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
I have the IQ Air app and it shows the local air quality along with the weather on the front of my phone.

Every summer and fall here we are dreading wildfires, evacuations and poor air. We have filters in every room, HEPA filters in our hvac as well which we will run 24/7 to cycle and filter the air if it gets real bad. I feel really bad for people in places like China and India for whom this may be normal

August-September of 2020 was one of the worst periods ever. Covid lockdowns plus weeks of fires and bad air meant we were cooped up in our house for almost 4 weeks straight.

Hope your air quality improves.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I have the IQ Air app and it shows the local air quality along with the weather on the front of my phone.

Every summer and fall here we are dreading wildfires, evacuations and poor air. We have filters in every room, HEPA filters in our hvac as well which we will run 24/7 to cycle and filter the air if it gets real bad. I feel really bad for people in places like China and India for whom this may be normal

August-September of 2020 was one of the worst periods ever. Covid lockdowns plus weeks of fires and bad air meant we were cooped up in our house for almost 4 weeks straight.

Hope your air quality improves.
I’m lucky I’m home now not out in that garbage. We had rains last night all morning today so our air is pretty good.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I have had a cough and raspy voice and scratchy throat since my umbilical hernia repair end of July this smoke made it worse. finished up antibiotics but no change if not a bit worse now I start steroids! Look out Arnold! I was thrilled to get that darn hole in my belly fixed but Hd I known the problems I would have because or putting me to sleep I would have asked for a local and stayed awake!

Winnie Thomas

Synchromatic
Jun 13, 2011
Cochise AZ
I have had a cough and raspy voice and scratchy throat since my umbilical hernia repair end of July this smoke made it worse. finished up antibiotics but no change if not a bit worse now I start steroids! Look out Arnold! I was thrilled to get that darn hole in my belly fixed but Hd I known the problems I would have because or putting me to sleep I would have asked for a local and stayed awake!

Get well soon.