RIP Queen Elizabeth II

General_Lee

Gretschie
Apr 23, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
I spent the first 8 years of my education in a small one room school. A picture of Her Majesty as a lovely young woman dressed in royal attire hung over the teachers desk. Every morning we would start the day with "Oh Canada", and every afternoon at school's end we would sing "God Save The Queen" as our heads were raised to that photograph. It always gave me a great sense of pride and belonging. Even then I saw the Queen as the center of my socio-political reality.

Further, I found in that picture of the young Queen an ideal that has helped me struggle to better my own person along the way. She was my Queen all my life and will endure in my psychic makeup and in my heart until the end. I loved her and am deeply saddened today. Rest in peace Elizabeth. You've earned your place in history and in heaven...

Humpblock

Gretschie
Jan 28, 2020
Australia
I’ve grown up with her face on my money and stamps, pledged to serve her as a kid at school and had her portrait watching over us daily in class. Truly an end of an era, I’m no royal fan but she was all class. The most important people in the world for over 70yrs admired and bowed to her. RIP Your Majesty.

Mr Twangy

Gretschie
Dec 27, 2020
Canada
I spent the first 8 years of my education in a small one room school. A picture of Her Majesty as a lovely young woman dressed in royal attire hung over the teachers desk. Every morning we would start the day with "Oh Canada", and every afternoon at school's end we would sing "God Save The Queen" as our heads were raised to that photograph. It always gave me a great sense of pride and belonging. Even then I saw the Queen as the center of my socio-political reality.

Further, I found in that picture of the young Queen an ideal that has helped me struggle to better my own person along the way. She was my Queen all my life and will endure in my psychic makeup and in my heart until the end. I loved her and am deeply saddened today. Rest in peace Elizabeth. You've earned your place in history and in heaven...
That was beautiful, and that was my childhood too. Thank you for this post.

Robbie

Friend of Fred
Jun 17, 2013
Sarnia Ontario Canada
London Bridge Is Down. A very sad day….RIP.

One of our Daughters lives in Aberdeen and we toured Balmoral a couple of years ago. What a wonderfully peaceful location, it’s easy to see why she loved it there.

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
Every time I saw the Queen, she always reminded me of my beloved grandmother. A very strong and loving person that inspired. Queen Elizabeth was truly such a remarkable person. One that will live on throughout the ages and is and forever will be legendary.

For those here in the US… In memory, President Biden ordered all US flags at half staff until interment. I just lowered my house flag today.

Randy99CL

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2020
Albuquerque
PBS has shown a number of programs about the Queen and her life. Always fascinating. Driving a truck during WWII, when she could have remained safe in a shelter (as many wanted her to do) gives a clue to her character.
In some ways she reminded me of my own Mom, I think many saw that in her.

I'm saddened by her death, the world is a little bit darker today without her in it.

Last edited:

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
PBS has shown a number of programs about the Queen and her life. Always fascinating. Driving a truck during WWII, when she could have remained safe in a shelter (as many wanted) gives a clue to her character.
In some ways she reminded me of my own Mom, I think many saw that in her.

I'm saddened by her death, the world is a little bit darker today without her.
That is an amazing degree of character. I’ve always admired leaders that would never ask of others, a task they wouldn’t be willing to do themselves. Driving a truck during WW II was no small feat for a girl, and she would have been in her teens at the time.

Some people are natural leaders. Leaders are not always the boss, nor always in charge, but they always have leadership instincts, and act upon them. The best way to lead is from the front; leading by example. A natural leader is the person that faces the challenge head on, and others naturally follow. I would say that a teen-aged girl, with royal privilege, volunteering to drive a truck, is leading by example. IMHO, that’s about as good as it gets.

Falconetti

Synchromatic
Sep 18, 2012
Bagsville, Oxford UK
A very sad time in this country and the end of an era. Saw King Charles give his first address to the nation last night and thought he handled it very well. His work continues even though he is mourning the loss if his mother. Not sure i could have done that.

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson

Thanks Rich. You got my day off to a very pleasant start with that.
A very sad time in this country and the end of an era. Saw King Charles give his first address to the nation last night and thought he handled it very well. His work continues even though he is mourning the loss if his mother. Not sure i could have done that.
He may be taller than his mother, and naturally his feet would have to be larger, but filling her shoes may prove to be difficult.

Latest posts