Restoring a southern Belle

Wayne Gretschzky

Country Gent
Aug 27, 2008
East Coast
Welcome... might you have one of the Southern Belle husks sold at the Julian's Gretsch Family auction? I've been waiting for those to surface as projects! The Bigsby would be a B6... V-style "Gretsch" version in gold. I'm not sure what the factory bridge would have been on those... but if you're making this a player (as opposed to vintage correct) there are many good bridge options.

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
I'm not sure what the factory bridge would have been on those...
This just came up on another thread last week. I don't know who made them, Gretsch or somebody else, but this is what they look like:
s-l1600.jpg

And there's one on eBay at the moment, although the price seems pretty ambitious. Maybe you can talk the seller down. Here it is:

Storm

Electromatic
May 9, 2022
Texas
Welcome... might you have one of the Southern Belle husks sold at the Julian's Gretsch Family auction? I've been waiting for those to surface as projects! The Bigsby would be a B6... V-style "Gretsch" version in gold. I'm not sure what the factory bridge would have been on those... but if you're making this a player (as opposed to vintage correct) there are many good bridge options.
I'm kinda thinking about using a tone pros tom bridge with roller saddles

Storm

Electromatic
May 9, 2022
Texas

Storm

Electromatic
May 9, 2022
Texas
Yes it is one of the southern belles from the auction I believe the guy I'm getting mine has 1 more left @bigd guitars .com

Storm

Electromatic
May 9, 2022
Texas
You would not believe how hard it is to find a gretsch branded bigsby took me days to locate one