Replacing g2215-p90 bridge pickup

junkopardner

Jul 2, 2022
Indiana
I recently got the g2215-p90 and I’m thinking about replacing the Broad’tron bridge pickup.

It’s fine but a little anemic. I figure some of that could be remedied by lowering the p90 a bit to balance things out but I kind of like the p90 where it’s at.

I was considering just putting a Pearly Gates in the bridge and calling it a day, but I was wondering if anyone else with this guitar has any bridge pickup suggestions.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

DougWheeler74

Synchromatic
Jul 10, 2019
NE Wisconsin, US
Welcome!

I am interested in this as well. As part of a seemingly never ending project/journey I am planning on winding one next fall/winter. I may however switch to a humbucker sized P90. Or... I have a Ken Rose Black Velvet HB sized P90 in the neck of my 2622. I may put that one in. Keep us updated on your decision an dhow it works out for you.

junkopardner

Jul 2, 2022
Indiana
Welcome!

I am interested in this as well. As part of a seemingly never ending project/journey I am planning on winding one next fall/winter. I may however switch to a humbucker sized P90. Or... I have a Ken Rose Black Velvet HB sized P90 in the neck of my 2622. I may put that one in. Keep us updated on your decision an dhow it works out for you.
That sounds great. I’ll definitely update with whatever I decide. I talked to a Sweetwater rep today who had one and he put all new electronics on his. CTS pots and I think he put a T90 in the neck and a TV Jones Classic plus in the bridge.

Part of what I love about the 2215-p90 is there are so many ways you could go with it and still have an amazing sound.

For right now I’ve lowered the p90 a bit and that seems to balance the volume between positions a bit better, but I’m currently leaning toward just putting a Pearly Gates in the bridge.

I guess it just comes down to do you want this guitar to sound more like a Gibson or more like a Gretsch, because you can easily get both sounds.

Thanks for replying and I’ll update my upgrades

FilterSonic

Electromatic
Jul 6, 2022
New York
I put a Seymour Duncan Antiquity I in the neck and a TV Jones Power'Tron in the bridge. The Power'Tron gives the guitar a great Malcolm Young tone.

My 2215-P90 was my gateway into Gretch guitars. Hope this one serves you well.