Relocation opportunity

G5422T

Country Gent
May 24, 2012
usa
I leave Tuesday and I'm excited, the current job has been notified, they seem reluctant to lose me but understand. I don't think I've mentioned what I'll be doing out there.
I'm going to work in the Indian Motorcycle assembly factory!
It's as if willy Wonka gave me the keys to the chocolate factory.
Opinions of the bikes themselves aside wish me luck, this is an opportunity of a lifetime.
I personally think the Polaris built Indians are gorgeous and once I get up to speed hope that what departments I work in I can match and eventually exceed the current quality of production.
I love Harley Davidson and Triumph, Victory, Yamaha BSA, Royal Enfield, etc.
Indian always had that mystique to it though, and the vintage modern style is up my alley, kind of like our Gretsch's!
I hope to take a rider safety course out there and eventually get a scout sixty.
I'm planning on 4 days driving time, and hope to hit the rock n roll hall of fame museum in Cleveland.

Best of luck. Those Indians are very cool bikes.

A few years back, this part of the midwest had HD, Victory, and Indians rolling out the doors.

Some top notch bikes everywhere, with great Cruising everywhere.

Travel safely and all the best.

radd

Friend of Fred
Dec 27, 2017
Santa Cruz
I leave Tuesday and I'm excited, the current job has been notified, they seem reluctant to lose me but understand. I don't think I've mentioned what I'll be doing out there.
Opinions of the bikes themselves aside wish me luck, this is an opportunity of a lifetime.
I personally think the Polaris built Indians are gorgeous and once I get up to speed hope that what departments I work in I can match and eventually exceed the current quality of production.
Indian always had that mystique to it though, and the vintage modern style is up my alley, kind of like our Gretsch's!
I hope to take a rider safety course out there and eventually get a scout sixty.
I'm planning on 4 days driving time, and hope to hit the rock n roll hall of fame museum in Cleveland.

Indian motorcycles, I love the fact the the marquee has been resurrected. I have a indirect history with the marquee. I rode for 50 yrs and taught motorcycling for 15 yrs and I got my first motorcycle when I was 15 yrs old from the guy that lived across the street from us. Motorcycle Hall of Famer “Iron Man” Ed Kretz. He won the very first Daytona 200 when it was run on the beach back then.

Ed after his win in 35’ I think it was

3B561D83-B9CA-4A67-8833-6581952F7F59.jpeg

My uncle on his Indian in the 40’s

208C6ACA-A563-4801-94C3-5FA9336A8B0C.jpeg

Last edited:

gtttrrr

Country Gent
Dec 7, 2011
United States
Congrats! Great gig! Just hit 6BD2B16D-5F2F-4A8F-AC04-A1779163E49F.jpeg the HOF a couple weeks ago, definitely must see!

MrWookiee

Country Gent
Jun 17, 2020
SoCal, USA
Grew up in SoCal, hated it. Spent every spare minute at the beach 60 miles away.

At 20 moved to Santa Cruz to school and made it my home.

I must be by an ocean, swimming, sailing, kayaking, SCUBA diving, love it.

I feel guilty here, much of the country bakes right now and we have our normal morning fog that cools us down and burns off for mostly blue sky 70 degree days during the summer..

I walked to the dog beach daily

View attachment 186470

You can see how much I like the ocean in this pic, I’m driving the boat…Ya I was young once…

View attachment 186471

My town

View attachment 186472
We visited that lighhouse last December. Too bad everyone else did, too! 😂