Questions about the G5260T

coyotezed

Electromatic
Oct 25, 2021
Ann Arbor, Mi
I’ve been looking at the G5260T Baritone … I was wondering if anybody has used this guitar as a 6 string bass and if there were any issues to keep in mind with using the guitar that way.

mister rain

Synchromatic
Apr 23, 2020
new orleans
i’ve considered this. i would think none of the stock hardware would work, and a rock solid set up would be crucial, but it might be possible. they were originally sold as E-e vi’s, but with a crap bridge and tailpiece most people apparently tuned them as baritones.

doubt it would ever play as well as my duane eddy bass, but i might feel less stressed about playing a dive bar with a modded 5260. plus that dark cherry metallic is gorgeous…

coyotezed

Electromatic
Oct 25, 2021
Ann Arbor, Mi
i’ve considered this. i would think none of the stock hardware would work, and a rock solid set up would be crucial, but it might be possible. they were originally sold as E-e vi’s, but with a crap bridge and tailpiece most people apparently tuned them as baritones.

doubt it would ever play as well as my duane eddy bass, but i might feel less stressed about playing a dive bar with a modded 5260. plus that dark cherry metallic is gorgeous…
Yeah, would definitely put in an ABM bridge for starters.

Latest posts