Privacy notice Tab

JC higgy

Gretschified
Jun 6, 2008
Belfast Norn Iron
Am I the only one having problems getting rid of the We Value Your Privacy notice ?
I can't access the site from my old PC,I'm currently on my tablet.

When I click on Agree it doesn't go away,just sits there ,no matter how many times I click on it.
Clicking on More Options doesn't do anything either,the site can't be accessed ,doesn't even give me a chance to sign in.

This has started to happen on a few other sites too over the last couple of days ,along with Your Connection Is Not Secure, saying the owner of the sites has configured their website improperly.:confused:

I guess it really is time to get rid of this old PC.

Last edited:

LongJohn

Synchromatic
Apr 22, 2016
Queens, NY
Am I the only one having problems getting rid of the We Value Your Privacy notice ?
I can't access the site from my old PC,I'm currently on my tablet.

When I click on Agree it doesn't go away,just sits there ,no matter how many times I click on it.
Clicking on More Options doesn't do anything either,the site can't be accessed ,doesn't even give me a chance to sign in.

This has started to happen on a few other sites too over the last couple of days ,along with Your Connection Is Not Secure, saying the owner of the sites has configured their website improperly.

I guess it really is time to get rid of this old PC.

Haven't seen anything like that. I'm running Windows 10 and wondering about the pending release of Windows 11 next week. See you at the computer store next week.

JC higgy

Gretschified
Jun 6, 2008
Belfast Norn Iron
I'm still running Win 7,on an out of date Firefox 48.0.2 browser ,so I'm guessing that's my problem.:oops:

The aul thing has been running like this for about 5 years,other than being very slow I've had no probs.

cowmoo

Country Gent
Aug 19, 2011
North Wales
John, sometimes that pops up on my phone, and across tdpri, gearpage, etc. I click more options and reject all and save. It goes away but eventually comes back. I think this issue was brought up last year on here by someone and the conclusion was, there’s not a lot that can be done about it!! If it’s any consolation, my laptop is out of steam, no coal to fire up the fox!

juks

Country Gent
Nov 26, 2020
Fremont, California
I'm still running Win 7,on an out of date Firefox 48.0.2 browser ,so I'm guessing that's my problem.:oops:

The aul thing has been running like this for about 5 years,other than being very slow I've had no probs.

BTW windows 7 support ended in January 2020, so for security reasons it would be advisable never to connect that machine to the net.

Jerzey Bob

Synchromatic
Apr 3, 2021
North Jersey

If it's running slow, do a defragment. Also check to see if any unwanted processes are running. Turn off windows auto-update. It's notorious for slowing down machines. Mine is 12 yrs. old, on Win7 & still pretty speedy.When thing get wonky, it's usually software, NOT hardware. If you're not tech savvy, just have one of the kids help. Also a good security suite is helpful. Eset is a good one. It's worth paying for. Also update the browser.

JC higgy

Gretschified
Jun 6, 2008
Belfast Norn Iron
Can't upgrade the browser , it says it's not compatible with my machine ,same thing regarding Win 10,infact I don't seem to able to run any new program ,I can download them but they always fail just before they finish installing.
I do a defrag every once and a while,it helps a bit,for a few months ,and yes,I did turn off the updates,they were a nuisance.

I just need to bite the bullet and get something new,or refurbished, I'm cheap like that!:D