Pretty pictures

Georgiadudefrank

Electromatic
May 24, 2022
Georgia
Welcome to the forum, @Georgiadudefrank ! My 460 came from a GC in Houston. It arrived in a TKL badged case with no number/part designation on it so I don't know the specific case type. The serial# of my natural model is 976XXX-41. Is that close to your last 2 digits as well?

View attachment 181501
Mine is 9611460-2. I got mine from a music store in Atlanta called Rhythm City. They were bought out by Guitar Center in 97 I think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 15

Georgiadudefrank

Electromatic
May 24, 2022
Georgia
There must have been 2 batches, Nov 1996 and June 1997. Yours was probably the second one ever made.
That’s what a guy at Ancient Instruments told me. Regarding the number 2. The owner of Rhythm City was pretty connected back in the day and probably got 1st dibs on just about anything that came out. I’m lucky to have been able to get my hands on it. It’s been an awesome guitar and I have loved playing it all these years.

audept

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Dec 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
That’s what a guy at Ancient Instruments told me. Regarding the number 2. The owner of Rhythm City was pretty connected back in the day and probably got 1st dibs on just about anything that came out. I’m lucky to have been able to get my hands on it. It’s been an awesome guitar and I have loved playing it all these years.
I converted my natural version to nylon strings by having the nut re-cut by my luthier.

j.s.c

Country Gent
Aug 19, 2008
france
View attachment 181577
Not mine but i think that's an old bigsby and pot knobs on a New reissue body... Anyway it looks great.
No! noooooon
=> After nights without sleep, I could confirm that is NOT a modern reissue, because of that :
-neck extension
-21 frets (early 55 or streamliner conversion which will include western inlays...(?))
-A G branded body which looks not stock to me (strange separated to the G base line). Some early 55 with the 21 frets has the G without the baseline, so everything is possible (https://i.pinimg.com/736x/01/97/73/019773ca6baa7cdbaaf663c872f5c48b.jpg).
-A finish which looks to shinny and thicker than any other 55 I saw...
-& these shinny good pickup surrounds...

Damned I don't know, I vote for old 1955 refinished (early model with bullet tussrod and 21frets) and a not std free floating G brand baseline.

JC higgy

Gretschified
Jun 6, 2008
Belfast Norn Iron
170425310091008-8053707f.jpg

I'm not keen on the headstock treatment,G brand is not right or truss rod cover,but the rest is pretty cool.

Latest posts