MrClint

Gretschie
Nov 27, 2017
Lake Balboa, CA
That may be the most attractive representation of Oxnard that I've ever seen (I grew up in Camarillo).
Thanks for the listen and kind comment! I live in the Valley. I like Oxnard a lot. Not known for night life or as a culinary hotspot, it is a great place to get away. You can get an AirBnB there for less than you'd expect for beach front vacations.

wildeman

I Bleed Orange
May 10, 2015
norcal
Always used to be great Mexican food available. Haven't been there in years.
We are spoiled with great Mexican food in this state, i have four GREAT choices right in my little town;)
Ive gone for taco's in other states before and....... :confused:

tdtom

Synchromatic
Oct 26, 2018
new zealand
spent a lot of time on the CB base there (like, years). used to frequently go to a little cafe, 1 block up from the beach... called Mrs. Olson's. don't miss Silver Strand either, if you're there. When I first was thete it was mostly lima beans and a few cows and an oil rig or two. can't imagine that area now. thanks for posting

Tele295

Country Gent
Jun 4, 2008
Bigsby Springs, CA
spent a lot of time on the CB base there (like, years). used to frequently go to a little cafe, 1 block up from the beach... called Mrs. Olson's. don't miss Silver Strand either, if you're there. When I first was thete it was mostly lima beans and a few cows and an oil rig or two. can't imagine that area now. thanks for posting

I believe Mrs Olson’s has moved around the corner. It’s still very good.

MrClint

Gretschie
Nov 27, 2017
Lake Balboa, CA
We had a nice breakfast at the Hollywood Beach Cafe. I can highly recommend this place, has a lot of charm. The waitress gave me a curious, "You're not from around here" look when I ordered a cappuccino.

Latest posts