ONCGD!!

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
Yes, it's an "Other New Cool Guitar Day."

I mentioned in another thread that I was pretty happy with the guitars that I have now, although I had spent some time checking out a few semi-hollows recently. Even though I have an Ibanez AM93 semi-hollow, and I did find a way to get the tones out of it, I did note that I fumbled on the fretboard more than I wanted. That got me thinking that of all my guitars, that was the one that challenged my fretting hand the most. Keeping in mind that 1.65" modern C Fender Strat necks and PRS Wide-Thin necks are the ones that feel the best for me, I decided to pull the trigger on a purchase of a new semi-hollow.

Friends, meet the new member of my guitar family: The Epiphone Sheraton II Pro

Slim Taper 60's neck - it feels like a slightly flattened C and it's super comfortable to me.
Bound headstock and neck, and a double bound body.
The "Pro" in the guitars name relates to the guitar's pickups. They are Epiphone Probuckers which are Epiphone's replica of the Gibson Burstbuckers, and they sound amazing. Very present and tight low end, balanced mid-range, and sparkling crisp highs. I could play Beatles songs on this without hesitation, if I didn't already have that covered on my Tennessee Rose.
The top and back are nicely arched, and it is gorgeous to look at, and the fret markers add beauty to the overall look, even though it's the side dot markers that matter most to me.

Finally, it sounds really nice through both my Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue and Vox AC10, so I couldn't be any happier than I have been this afternoon as I took some time to play it.

Sadly, I think this purchase means that I am going to have to part with a couple of guitars. Right now, I am thinking the 5420, and the Ibanez AM93 are the likely candidates.

20220928_115529[1].jpg 20220928_115822[1].jpg 20220928_115854[1].jpg

TSims1

Gretschified
Jun 18, 2013
Atlanta
When I was 14 or so…..my mom said I could go pick out a guitar at the local shop. I settled on a dark wine red Telecaster. Problem is my father was also a guitar player and he soon fell in love with my Telecaster. He started asking me to borrow it for gigs quite often. I knew the right thing was give it to him. Which I did. Then my mom said I could pick out another guitar. Lol. I picked out an Ebony Sheraton just like this one. :) Great guitar!!

blueruins

Friend of Fred
May 28, 2013
Savannah, GA
Well, you called it on the "The Guitar Purchase Years" thread. I tried to resist, but the feel and tone were just too much. I played it today, and it was perfectly set up, had great tone, and was such a great neck for me.

Oh, and yeah, it really is classy looking. :)
You did real good! That abalone looks righteous too!

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
When I was 14 or so…..my mom said I could go pick out a guitar at the local shop. I settled on a dark wine red Telecaster. Problem is my father was also a guitar player and he soon fell in love with my Telecaster. He started asking me to borrow it for gigs quite often. I knew the right thing was give it to him. Which I did. Then my mom said I could pick out another guitar. Lol. I picked out an Ebony Sheraton just like this one. :) Great guitar!!

What happened to the Sheraton, still have it?

Shock

Synchromatic
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I have the same in natural. Black is much sexier. Your's came with the Grovers too I am guessing. I didn't know what the PUs are in it, but I know that I like them well enough. Not a wuzzy like the Epis were generally. I mentioned in a post last week that mine was bought new at the GC for $289. Best value I have ever come across.

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri

Tony, if it gets your seal of approval, then I know for sure I made the right choice. Now I have to up my game, or my Sheraton will start asking me if Tony can come over and play.

Last edited:

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
I have the same in natural. Black is much sexier. Your's came with the Grovers too I am guessing. I didn't know what the PUs are in it, but I know that I like them well enough. Not a wuzzy like the Epis were generally. I mentioned in a post last week that mine was bought new at the GC for $289. Best value I have ever come across.

They really are fantastic guitars. If the red one was still available, it would have made the decision harder, but I really do like the look of the Ebony finish with the gold hardware. The Probucker pickups also make this Sheraton II Pro head and shoulders above the other 335's in the Epiphone lineup. Generally, the hardware is also a cut above the rest of the Epi 335's.

Glad you're enjoying yours. I'd love to see it if you feel like posting it.

Shock

Synchromatic
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
They really are fantastic guitars. If the red one was still available, it would have made the decision harder, but I really do like the look of the Ebony finish with the gold hardware. The Probucker pickups also make this Sheraton II Pro head and shoulders above the other 335's in the Epiphone lineup. Generally, the hardware is also a cut above the rest of the Epi 335's.

Glad you're enjoying yours. I'd love to see it if you feel like posting it.

Attachments

• Sheridan 9.jpg
    Sheridan 9.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Sheridan 3.jpg
    Sheridan 3.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Sheridan 7.jpg
    Sheridan 7.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Sheridan 1.jpg
    Sheridan 1.jpg