Old Gretsch I Bought Yesterday

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
No. I am from Indiana
Interesting. The reason I ask is this bit of syntax:
And it has some kind of black goop in different places that's going to need removed.
There's a "to be" missing. I've seen it a lot over the years and eventually noticed that it's almost always coming from somebody located in Pennsylvania or Ohio. I guess maybe that quirk actually made it one state farther west than my initial observations led me to believe.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Interesting. The reason I ask is this bit of syntax:

There's a "to be" missing. I've seen it a lot over the years and eventually noticed that it's almost always coming from somebody located in Pennsylvania or Ohio. I guess maybe that quirk actually made it one state farther west than my initial observations led me to believe.
Lots of Hoosiers do that as well. They warsh clothes, too. Things need fixed.
Where in Hoosierland are you from, Don Ten?

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!

Lots of Hoosiers do that as well…Things need fixed.
That’s exactly the phrase that I picked up on. When I’m not drooling over vintage guitars, I’m drooling over vintage wristwatches. Over and over I would see “this watch needs fixed” and it struck me as a very strange yet recurring turn of phrase. I thought I had it narrowed down to west PA and Ohio, but it seems I underestimated it’s reach (and being from Wisconsin, I know it must have stopped at either Illinois or Michigan). Anyway, sorry, have I deviated from the original topic?

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
That’s exactly the phrase that I picked up on. When I’m not drooling over vintage guitars, I’m drooling over vintage wristwatches. Over and over I would see “this watch needs fixed” and it struck me as a very strange yet recurring turn of phrase. I thought I had it narrowed down to west PA and Ohio, but it seems I underestimated it’s reach (and being from Wisconsin, I know it must have stopped at either Illinois or Michigan). Anyway, sorry, have I deviated from the original topic?
Wisconsin? So you drank water from a bubbler?

DonTen

Electromatic
May 27, 2022
Florida, USA
Just looking it over earlier. It has all original Grover 98G tuners. It really needs cleaned pretty bad.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    263.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 13

DonTen

Electromatic
May 27, 2022
Florida, USA
I also got a DeArmond Guitar Mike in the case with it. it needs (TO BE) 🤣 rewired but it appears to be all there. I am positive it's the source of the black goop on the guitar.

DonTen

Electromatic
May 27, 2022
Florida, USA
Here are pics of the DeArmond Guitar Mike. It's pretty simple so I don't see any problems replacing the rotted cable. as long as the pickup coils are still good it should work great.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    310.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    300.3 KB · Views: 12

wildeman

I Bleed Orange
May 10, 2015
norcal
Here are pics of the DeArmond Guitar Mike. It's pretty simple so I don't see any problems replacing the rotted cable. as long as the pickup coils are still good it should work great.
That's a FHC pickup, I have three of them and they sound great. DeArmond's are famous for rotting wire, all mine needed replacement. The coil wire is tiny so I hope your eyesight is good when you're soldering. The black jumper wire outside the case is not stock, just solder the new ground inside the case. Actually that does look stock, is that a spring clip? yours looks a bit different from mine, that's a real old one.

Latest posts