NOW PLAYING

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Dave Mason and the Quarantines (with Michael Montgomery, Sammy Hagar, and the Doobie Brothers---"Feelin' Alright". Done in separate places, all online.

ramjac

Synchromatic
Aug 14, 2011
Wisconsin
I try to catch all of Greg Koch’s daily livestreams and the weekend KMT streams. His new album with the KMT will be released soon. His sense of humor is an acquired taste for some, but there’s no doubt he can play, and I have a greater appreciation of his back catalogue.

bone

Gretschie
Aug 9, 2020
here
I try to catch all of Greg Koch’s daily livestreams and the weekend KMT streams. His new album with the KMT will be released soon. His sense of humor is an acquired taste for some, but there’s no doubt he can play, and I have a greater appreciation of his back catalogue.
his phrasing and attack is silly good

have his Gristle King pedal - the T-rex version_ excellent pedal but the Gristle side is too noisy - sounds fantastic though. The boost is incredibly good. Their making a new updated version sans T-Rex so i may try one of those.

loudnlousy

Gretschified
Oct 18, 2015
Germany
On the last weekend I watched a crazy 7 hours + documentary on 80ies Germany`s Alt-Essen Thrash metal bands like Sodom, Tankard and Kreator.
Not my style of music but my generation.
I used to be the only guy in school that loved AC/DC, Van Halen, Queen and Sabbath (except my soulmate, Andy who is still my bassplayer). Al the others loved Reggae , NDW or Synth-pop.
Enjoyed tales of old Herkules mopeds, first cheap bass-guitars bought from local mom and pop`s, vintage beer brands, hilarious road stories, more hilarious army haircuts and Netherland Metal magazines like Aardshock. (Black-white fotocopy-style publications on very -niche-style bands with strange haircuts and spiked leather outfits. People with artist`s names like "Tom Angelripper" or similar. Hahaha.)
I re-discovered some 80ies stuff that I did not like then and now but the scene was so innocent and somehow likeable then. Really working-class thrash metal, German style.
I found it very interesting that these bands were unbelieveably popular in South America and the east block and never made it into the American charts like Anthrax, Slayer or Metallica in these days. Lots of stories about crazy fails and glorious moments. Brilliant. Not my style but great to watch .
Found that footage to be very educative and entertaining.
Here`s some of that:

Latest posts