No more grown up movies!

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
All that said, Futurama is pure genius. Anything with math and science puns can't be all bad.
Bender is my hero, I get inspiration from the Professor, and I look like Scruffy the janitor.
Futurama was, indeed, pure genius. There were touching moments, and some satire so rich that it was awe inspiring. I wish it could have gone on longer.
That one episode with the dog though…
That one should have come with a warning. It hit about as hard as the M*A*S*H Henry Blake going home episode hit.
I agree. It had some very sad moments.
There were a few sad ones like that. One, where Fry got to revisit his Mom was poignant.
Bender's origin story where Inspector Hermes passes Bender tho he's flawed.
Then, there was the 7 leaf clover episode where he discovered his nephew, the first human on Mars, was named for him. That episode also had the single best Bender line in the entire series. At the cemetery of the famous, Bender shouts, "Everyone grab a shovel. I'm one skull short of a Mousketeers reunion."
Bender was way over the top. If I had ever built a Fender clone from Warmoth parts, I had planned to create a logo in Fender script, but with the F changed to a B.
The best part of Happy Gilmore was where Bob Barker beat the snot out of Sandler.
That was hilarious.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
In the first Futurama episode, Fry and Bender are on the run from the cops.
When the cops shout, "We have you partially surrounded!", Bender defecates a brick---sideways. I was sold on the show at that point.
When Bender met his evil (?) twin Flexo, they both tell each other their ID number, then laugh explaining that both numbers are the square of primes.

Go ahead and build your Tele clone and do the logo with a B.
Of course, it'd have to include a B bender.

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
Bender was way over the top. If I had ever built a Fender clone from Warmoth parts, I had planned to create a logo in Fender script, but with the F changed to a B.

You can buy Fender inspired Bender T-shirts! Apparently it's universally approved idea.

1656919535755.jpeg

pmac11

Country Gent
Mar 4, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Believe it or not, the two dramatic films Sandler made are worth a go. I haven't seen his latest, the one about a basketball prospect, but I did see Sandler's movie UNCUT GEMS, the one in which he plays a severely addicted gambler. He was fine in it, the movie itself was very good.

And, yes, at one time Adam Sandler was very funny. Going all the way back to his days on an MTV game show called "Remote Control" and then his time on "Saturday Night Live," Sandler could deliver some great comedy
Yes, he delivered great comedy.... at a medium pace, as I recall. :)

Synchro

Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
In the first Futurama episode, Fry and Bender are on the run from the cops.
When the cops shout, "We have you partially surrounded!", Bender defecates a brick---sideways. I was sold on the show at that point.
When Bender met his evil (?) twin Flexo, they both tell each other their ID number, then laugh explaining that both numbers are the square of primes.

Go ahead and build your Tele clone and do the logo with a B.
Of course, it'd have to include a B bender.
I remember that, but I had forgotten that was the first episode.

If I ever build a clone, you count on that being the logo.
You can buy Fender inspired Bender T-shirts! Apparently it's universally approved idea.

View attachment 183891
I’d love to know where.

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
I’d love to know where.
Not sure how trustworthy these shops are, but here you go.
And another.

Synchro

Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Not sure how trustworthy these shops are, but here you go.
And another.
Thanks.

Latest posts