No more grown up movies!

Horse Nation

Gretschie
Jun 7, 2022
new york
I have never seen those minion movies, but there's a Liberty Life Insurance commercial with those yellow guys in it and one of them - the captain of a submarine - just yells, "Tapioca" for no reason. I had to rewind it a few times just to make sure I heard what I heard. "Tapioca!" Yup, for some reason the little guy shakes his fist and yells, Tapioca." It's the dumbest, funniest thing I ever saw. I actually now want to see one of their movies.

"Tapioca!" at 0:19. The guy in blue.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I have never seen those minion movies, but there's a Liberty Life Insurance commercial with those yellow guys in it and one of them - the captain of a submarine - just yells, "Tapioca" for no reason. I had to rewind it a few times just to make sure I heard what I heard. "Tapioca!" Yup, for some reason the little guy shakes his fist and yells, Tapioca." It's the dumbest, funniest thing I ever saw. I actually now want to see one of their movies.

I hadn’t seen that one but it is funny!

Emergence

Synchromatic
May 25, 2022
New York

That’s what grandchildren are for. Take ‘em.

Horse Nation

Gretschie
Jun 7, 2022
new york
Cartoons are for kids. Only cartoon movies I have seen as an adult were "Shrek" and "Beavis And Butthead Do America." ("Shrek" because it got rave reviews and "Beavis and Butthead" because those guys are insanely hilarious.) I'm an adult, not a kid. I don't watch cartoons!

However, these minion guys do look and sound funny. If I come across one of their movies on cable I'll give it a try.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Cartoons are for kids. Only cartoon movies I have seen as an adult were "Shrek" and "Beavis And Butthead Do America." ("Shrek" because it got rave reviews and "Beavis and Butthead" because those guys are insanely hilarious.) I'm an adult, not a kid. I don't watch cartoons!

However, these minion guys do look and sound funny. If I come across one of their movies on cable I'll give it a try.
If that's the case then I am 56-year-old kid! Cartoons are for anyone who can have fun with them age is of no consequence.
Best Kid movie I ever saw , " Bugsy Malone " , 1976 . Cast is all kids . Great cast , great music

I actually have that in my library still funny but it was much better when I was a lot younger!

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
Being an adult is a terminal condition, so you may as well remain a kid as long as you can.

I love cartoons - but really that has nothing to do with being a kid. The only people who think that are self important people who call themselves adults but have childish thoughts.

Horse Nation

Gretschie
Jun 7, 2022
new york
I love cartoons - but really that has nothing to do with being a kid. The only people who think that are self important people who call themselves adults but have childish thoughts.

No, cartoons are for kids. Yeah, there was "Fritz The Cat," but cartoons are for kids.

"Self-important"? No, I am just an adult that put away childish things when I became a man. Tell me, do you still play with your GI Joe dolls? I don't. I'm a man. I don't play with GI Joe dolls and I don't watch cartoons.

1656799248123.png

Johnny West dolls were cool. When I was six. I don't play with them now because I am a man. Same goes for cartoons.

"When I was a child, I spake as a child. Time to put away childish things." Live it, learn it.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Being an adult is a terminal condition, so you may as well remain a kid as long as you can.

I have childish thoughts! I can convince myself that I’m Peter Pan but sadly after the jump and subsequent hard landing I’m sadly reminded I’m not! Actually it pretty much the same thing that happens when I convince myself I’m Spiderman and then find I can’t stick to a wall. I should probably stop trying to jump so high!

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in

The one with the megaphone just goes, "Ah-oooga!"
I've got grandsons, so, I'll see it soon enough. The first three are on TV tonight for those interested. Most kids' cartoons have some humor for the adults that have to take their kids to the theater.

Rocky & Bullwinkle had tons of jokes meant for the adults, as did Looney Tunes.