NGSD

new6659

Country Gent
Dec 10, 2018
Southwestern Ontario
New Guitar Stand Day - Just about finished this "Boomerang Guitar Stand" and it seems to do the job. I forget if I was pointed to the plans by discussions on the forum or if I just found them on the web. The original plan held three guitars but this one holds seven and was slightly modified by the addition of the dowels as spacers. It's more compact than commercial ones and only took a few hours to come together. It tilts back at about an 8 degree angle to support the guitars.

Still have to add some felt here or there and, maybe, a finish. Thanks for having a look.

1652241847826.jpeg

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
With 8 cats anyonenof them could walk past and knock all the guitars over. then run off in a huff blamkng the whole thing on me!
Cases are good insurance. I only have a beater and one good guitar out at a time. 4 cats, a doofus dog, and a toddler in the house means I need to keep my guitars safe.

new6659

Country Gent
Dec 10, 2018
Southwestern Ontario
Suitably designed, @new6659... Congratulations ! :cool::cool::cool:

Question : the guitars rests directly on stand wood, I mean : no rubber pads ?

A+!
No rubber pads, yet. I'm thinking of using adhesive felt strips instead. The type which are used to prevent table legs from marring wooden floors.

The wood used for the stand is spruce and quite soft so I doubt it will damage the guitars.

TeleRooo

Electromatic
Mar 19, 2017
Tiger Mt.
Nice job new6659. Simple, clean, somewhat compact. KISS, many times works/functions the best. I like it. I also have a G6120SSU and cats & dog. I've had this project in the plans for awhile. I'm going to cover the dowels with dense foam pipe insulation tubing from like Home Depot.

new6659

Country Gent
Dec 10, 2018
Southwestern Ontario
Nice job new6659. Simple, clean, somewhat compact. KISS, many times works/functions the best. I like it. I also have a G6120SSU and cats & dog. I've had this project in the plans for awhile. I'm going to cover the dowels with dense foam pipe insulation tubing from like Home Depot.
I've become wary of foam-type cushions - I had some foam covered tool hangers from Home Depot I used for guitars which did a good job of messing up lacquer finishes after very brief contact.

juks

Country Gent
Nov 26, 2020
Fremont, California
Great job and a beautiful collection.

How about one of these at suitable length? Placed at the body carve. Not mabe pretty but who cares pretty when it's matter of keeping guitars safe...

Screenshot_20220514-084320_Chrome.jpg