NGD!!

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
Super sweet! I’m a fan of the Players Edition models with no mods needed and built to play. I love the dark board on that one. Enjoy!

Lucky Jim

Gretschie
Oct 16, 2020
Kent, England
Congratulations, that’s a great looking guitar.

I just bought the 57 version of that guitar (G6120TG-DS PE) which is very similar to yours but in Round-Up Orange finish with Dynasonics and Hump block fret markers. I agonised over which version to get, the 57 or the 59, as they are both superb guitars but decided I’m a Dynasonic guy at heart. But having seen yours…………

Enjoy!

Edit: Oh yes, mine has the 2.5” deep body too which is really comfortable. It’s only a half inch thicker than my Duo Jet!

6120mantis

Country Gent
Mar 6, 2011
nj
Congratulations, that’s a great looking guitar.

I just bought the 57 version of that guitar (G6120TG-DS PE) which is very similar to yours but in Round-Up Orange finish with Dynasonics and Hump block fret markers. I agonised over which version to get, the 57 or the 59, as they are both superb guitars but decided I’m a Dynasonic guy at heart. But having seen yours…………

Enjoy!

Edit: Oh yes, mine has the 2.5” deep body too which is really comfortable. It’s only a half inch thicker than my Duo Jet!
I was of the same dilemma, the 57 was calling to me, I have a 53 vs Duo Jet with TArmonds.
I decided to go with the 59 version at the last second due to having the dyna tone covered.
I previously had a rat rod and I think that was 2.50". Gotta love a big orange Gretsch!
Oh I forgot that when I pulled it out of the case and saw the factory jack plate I immediately thought of @thunder58 !

Lucky Jim

Gretschie
Oct 16, 2020
Kent, England
Yes, he is absolutely right. After a brief flirtation with a proline that unnervingly had no jack plate I was really pleased to see that the PE does.

One of the many things I like abouts jets is that they have a proper recessed jack.

6120mantis

Country Gent
Mar 6, 2011
nj
Curious...
Does TV Jones make these FT 67 pickups?
I know they do not have his logo on them, but I was wondering if all pro line Gretsch pickups are made by TV Jones.