NGD: Richard Fortus White Falcon

tolm

Gretschie
Jan 25, 2016
UK
My #1 has been a G6128T-1962 Duo Jet for a number of years now. It’s a great guitar but has always been a bit darker sounding than I expected for a Gretsch. New pots and some TV Jones Classics largely sorted that out but I’ve kinda always been hankering for a double-cut semi-acoustic and the other G brand guitars I’ve tried weren’t cutting it.

Now, I’m not a huge GnR fan (I like a lot of their classic songs just wouldn’t describe myself as a super-fan!) so wasn’t really looking for a signature guitar but one of these came up on sale and it has all the player-friendly features (Treble Bleed, No-Load Tone, String-thru Bigsby) along with chrome hardware, which I much prefer to gold. So I went for it!

Arrived on Friday and took it to a gig that evening! Played it for the first song … and didn’t put it down all night. Wonderful to play and a fantastic sound: rich and open but also sounded great with the drive piled on - that 25.5 scale helping to keep tight, I guess?

Sorry for the shoddy photo but here it is with the rest of my collection …

3A860CB4-1FE9-48E3-AB2D-51E3655395E8.jpeg

tolm

Gretschie
Jan 25, 2016
UK
Very nice - what's the neck like compared to your Jet?
That was my one concern as some Gretsch’s have quite thin necks for my tastes but this is a nicely rounded profile - slightly larger than my Jets (and my Jet is chunkier than average) so very happy with that.

tmcq65

Gretschie
Nov 10, 2021
Eastern Tennessee
THAT is an awesome guitar.

Now, I’m not a huge GnR fan (I like a lot of their classic songs just wouldn’t describe myself as a super-fan!) so wasn’t really looking for a signature guitar but one of these came up on sale and it has all the player-friendly features (Treble Bleed, No-Load Tone, String-thru Bigsby) along with chrome hardware, which I much prefer to gold. So I went for it!

I've started watching all the Richard Fortus videos I can find, and "following" him - so to speak, and have come to the conclusion that his participation with GnR is some kind of altruistic charity project or something. I mean, can we not get this guy a band worthy of his taste and talent?