NGD Epi Crestwood

juks

Country Gent
Nov 26, 2020
Fremont, California
From the current series. Obviously nothing like what @englishman is building 🙂

It is true that the 60s ones go for $3-5K but this one was just $340 at GC. Which is $100 less than they have been asking for the used ones. Nothing wrong with it, the plastic covering is still on the back plate.

Somewhere after 60s they started to do bolt on necks which probably contributed to them being looked down at. But they have been back to set necks since not sure when. I think at least 10 years.

Anyway I like these things. And I like the transparent color showing woodgrain through.

20220819_155023.jpg
20220819_155037.jpg

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Mini humbuckers are sometimes overlooked, but they can add a great sound to your pallet. .

Badscrew

Electromatic
Jul 16, 2022
Europe
How’s the vibrato? It has those compensated barrels with different diameters per string - does it improve something?

juks

Country Gent
Nov 26, 2020
Fremont, California
How cool! Never even heard of these before. But sounds really nice in that demo video!

These came out late 50s as said in the video in 3 different models. This was after Gibson bought Epiphone.

They had two purposes. These particular ones were 1st response to Telecaster.

The whole Epi purchase served another purpose. Back then Gibson has exclusive retailers per region in the US. They offered Epiphones to the other retailers who did not have access to Gibson guitars.