NGD 5420 Orange Stain

Henrytwang

Synchromatic
Feb 28, 2010
teignmouth uk
The 5420 looks like a great guitar. I’ve got the older 5120 to which I fitted Filtertrons and a Compton bridge. I’ve found that different brands and gauges of stings can have a significant impact on the feel and tone of a guitar.

THS3171

Gretschie
Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2020
Germany
Congrats, very nice! I love the humpblocks. Have it in Aspen Green (LH)
Enjoy your brand new toy :)👍

Shadowy_Man

Synchromatic
May 18, 2020
Chicago
Congrats! I've never had a pro-line level guitar, I have one 5420 and another Electromatic on the way. But very impressed with the quality for the price of the Electromatic series.

For comparison I played the new 40th Anniversary Squier Gold Jazzmaster that sells for $600 new - not much cheaper than an Electromatic. Quality on that one was way lower, it felt like a $300 guitar, although to be fair the neck wasn't bad.

71shooter

Electromatic
May 30, 2022
Usa
Your G5420 is truly lovely. I love hump block/tombstone inlays, and the tortoise pick guard is classy, as well. Enjoy!

I bought a G5420TG-59 from Sweetwater in May. Just had it properly set up, with action much lowered. Plays great. My fat stubby fingers have a real hard time with 1” & 11/16” necks, with relatively high actions. I was pleasantly surprised at how low my guitar’s action was able to be brought down with no fret buzzing! Folks have told me the pro-line guitars are far and away better than Electromatics, but I’ve tinkered with both in guitar shops, and my novice hands and ears can’t tell the $2000-$3000 difference. That’s not so say that I don’t want a pro-line, though! I’d love to own several!

Latest posts