Newsletters

Alex

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
To have your email address removed from any of the newsletters listed under "Sister Sites" below, send me an email to alex(at)enthuseddigital.com and include the following:

Newsletter Site Name:
Username:
Email address:

Thank you.

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Apparently there was some sort of problem with the servers that handle the newsletters and a bunch of people were inadvertently subscribed To newsletters.

ramjac

Synchromatic
Aug 14, 2011
Wisconsin
I’m reading “besides” in the OP to mean “in addition to” as opposed to “other than”. I usually just rely on a spam filter. They’re not perfect, but they’re very good, and usually stop the SPAM from arriving back in your inbox. I wish I could say the same about “unsubscribe” links, which often turn out to be de facto “resubscribe” links with a 3-6 month delay. I don’t go “belt and suspenders” with SPAM and I take a better safe than sorry view when it comes to clicking links in SPAM emails - bad habit to get into even if you feel like it’s coming from a trusted source. It’s a bit different in this particular instance, given that we have a member who has already tried it without any apparent negative consequences (TBD on the “resubscribe” …), but in general, if you’re like many of us, you’re not always in the habit of being vigilant.

The only downside I can see for some if they go the SPAM filter route is that I’m not sure whether it will cause other forum notifications that you have opted into to be filtered out as well. I have not seen the address that these new SPAM emails are coming from - hopefully it differs enough that this won’t be the case.

Last edited:

emitex

Synchromatic
Aug 21, 2014
NYC
I've been getting these newsletters also from Drum Forum <[email protected]>.
Good practice not to click on anything in a suspected email, so I reported it to GMail (my mail client) then marked as spam.
If it's helpful to our webmaster/moderators, I was able to decipher that they are coming from "mail.enthuseddigital.com/sendy/.."
Something else we might try is to block emails from that server.
Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:

audept

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Dec 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I've been getting these newsletters also from Drum Forum <[email protected]>.
Good practice not to click on anything in a suspected email, so I reported it to GMail (my mail client) then marked as spam.
If it's helpful to our webmaster/moderators, I was able to decipher that they are coming from "mail.enthuseddigital.com/sendy/.."
Something else we might try is to block emails from that server.
Hope this is helpful.
See post #6 above.

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Doesn't instill confidence.
I think it’s more a software bug than irresponsibility on the part of the admins. Apparently all the forums in Gear Talk run on one set of servers and the forum software just decided to subscribe a bunch of people to newsletters.