Newbie from Florida

cat3

May 21, 2022
Florida
Greetings, all. Just got a brand-spanking-new G5627t p90 when GC gave me a trade-in deal I couldn't refuse. Not only my first Gretsch, but it's the first time I've ever bought a new guitar; it's also my first Bigsby and my first time with two P90s. So, it scratches alot of itches. I'll post pics when I get around to taking them, but for now, can anyone tell me if DBridges is still in business?

Last edited:

radd

Friend of Fred
Dec 27, 2017
Santa Cruz
Welcome. P90’s love um’. Sadly I’m P90 less currently….😞

DBridges, I suspect someone will chime in on the subject.

Looking forward to your photos

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Hi. How's it goin'?
I like P-90s. If there was only one pickup ever built, it'd have to be a P-90.
Dbridges may be on a hiatus. He's got a lot of irons in the fire and bridges are a sideline.
Look at Compton or Tru-Arc. They're both still active.

Dana Rudd

Country Gent
Nov 26, 2019
Greybull, WY
Hello @cat3, welcome to G-T. It's good to have you join the gang here.
Congrats on your first Gretsch, probably just a start for your collection.
Enjoy your G5627T P90. I've got Compton bridges on a couple of mine and they work great, no experience with Tru-Arc or Dbridge.

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
Congrats on the new Gretsch and welcome to the forum.

Sorry, no idea on DBridges, but there's several old threads on here about and/or by him. He used to be a fairly active member, less so recently.

Chmason85

Synchromatic
May 1, 2018
Philadelphia
Welcome! I personally like ABR-1 style bridges or melitas, but I have had some Tru-arc stuff and it’s the highest quality. A lot of people talk about perfect intonation, and I like to have the adjustability hence my bridge preferences, but even a regular Tru-arc will get you close enough for rock and roll if that’s your thing. I had them on a couple Duo Jets and they were fine.