New Guy

Maguchi

Electromatic
Aug 11, 2022
Lalaland
new guy here, just dropped by to say hello. Owned several Gretsches in the 1990s that I don't got no more. Recently getting back into Gretsches again. Currently have a Nashville and a Tenessee Rose, both Players Editions. Want to get a 3rd Gretsch soon. For amps I like older Peaveys, both tube and solid state.

20220704_215422.jpg 20220707_132728.jpg 20200730_161307.jpg 20210312_181921 (1).jpg 20201020_113812 (1).jpg

Last edited:

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
Welcome.
Nice guitars.
I had a Peavey Delta Blues for a long while. Great amp. Loved the 15” speaker amd the tremolo. Sorry to say I kept breaking tubes when I’d transport it, so I sold it. Great tones though.

Maguchi

Electromatic
Aug 11, 2022
Lalaland
Welcome.
Nice guitars.
I had a Peavey Delta Blues for a long while. Great amp. Loved the 15” speaker amd the tremolo. Sorry to say I kept breaking tubes when I’d transport it, so I sold it. Great tones though.
Yeah the tubes are pretty exposed on that amp. I usually put it in the trunk face down with the tubes facing up, but still it would be pretty easy to bump into the tubes with something or bump the tubes against something. But to me the sound of the amp and that swampy tremelo are worth it.

PVDeltaBlue2.jpg

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
Yeah the tubes are pretty exposed on that amp. I usually put it in the trunk face down with the tubes facing up, but still it would be pretty easy to bump into the tubes with something or bump the tubes against something. But to me the sound of the amp and that swampy tremelo are worth it.

View attachment 187083
Absolutely, that tremolo is killer!
Yeah, I was harder on on gear in my 20s than I am now, and that amp got tossed around in and out of cars and vans a lot. If it was just the preamp tubes, it wouldn’t have been such a pain, but the power tubes kept cracking and smashing. It was a whole thing.
I’ve seen pics of people building cages around them. If I were smarter I would’ve looked into that.

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
Welcome to Gretsch-Talk, Maguchi, and your current crop of Gretsch guitars reveals excellent taste!

I had a Peavey Classic 50's that I really liked, but as I got older, it stopped liking me . . . well, more like my back stopped liking it. Sadly, I had to let it go.

Maguchi

Electromatic
Aug 11, 2022
Lalaland
Welcome to Gretsch-Talk, Maguchi, and your current crop of Gretsch guitars reveals excellent taste!

I had a Peavey Classic 50's that I really liked, but as I got older, it stopped liking me . . . well, more like my back stopped liking it. Sadly, I had to let it go.
Thanks!

Yeah, they ain't the lightest amp. Don't know what a Classic 50 weighs, but my 30 watt Delta Blues is 49 lbs. Still manageable for me at age 57. We'll see how things go in the future.

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
Thanks!

Yeah, they ain't the lightest amp. Don't know what a Classic 50 weighs, but my 30 watt Delta Blues is 49 lbs. Still manageable for me at age 57. We'll see how things go in the future.
Maguchi, I weighed the Classic 50 once, and it turned out to be 65 lbs. At the end of our relationship, every time I moved it I ended up in my chiropractor's office. It wasn't all the Classic 50's fault, though, because I suffered a lower back injury in my 20's and it caught up to me in my 40's.

Latest posts