New forum member-New Gretsch owner- G 5655TG JR Center Block

Pemberton

Gretschie
Gold Supporting Member
May 4, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
Welcome to GT! I’m not familiar with that model, so I don’t have any tips. But let’s see of photo of that new guitar.

Edit: photo added, nice!

Last edited:

dak55

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Central Florida
It's a nice, very comfortable guitar for me. If the break angle is as severe on yours and looks like the "before" picture of mine below, you are going to struggle with the Bigsby and tuning, regardless whether you lube and cut the nut slots as mentioned above. A BiggsFix takes care of the problem.

Welcome to the group!!

https://bricksbiggsfix.com/

imageedit_4_2462331613.jpg

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
Hello, I'm new to the Gretsch forum. And, recently purchased a new G-5655TG Electro Ctr.Blk. Jr. w/B-70 Bigsby. Is anyone here familiar with this guitar?
Anyone have any tips to share as I get used to it?
Welcome to the forum @dst5655 . Beautiful guitar

Back in Black

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
Hello, I'm new to the Gretsch forum. And, recently purchased a new G-5655TG Electro Ctr.Blk. Jr. w/B-70 Bigsby. Is anyone here familiar with this guitar?
Anyone have any tips to share as I get used to it?
dst,

Welcome!

You're going to like it here.

That's a beauty!!

Answers to your questions will be coming soon.

Best,

BIB.

GlenP

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2019
WA
Usually you see more 5420s as the NGD first gateway Gretsch, but seems like the Centerblock jrs are catching on a bit. Just enjoy getting used to it, welcome to the club! The Centerblock abides!

I have this older LTD version (BTFT pickups in this one),
great demo of that one here:

Last edited:

juks

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 26, 2020
Fremont, California
It's a nice, very comfortable guitar for me. If the break angle is as severe on yours and looks like the "before" picture of mine below, you are going to struggle with the Bigsby and tuning, regardless whether you lube and cut the nut slots as mentioned above. A BiggsFix takes care of the problem.

Welcome to the group!!

https://bricksbiggsfix.com/

View attachment 200140

I installed the same. Works great!