My Gretsch G3400!

Javere11

Electromatic
Feb 15, 2015
San Diego
11uffyo.jpg

This represents about six years of autograph collecting, all of these signatures were obtained by waiting for the artists after a gig, most were very cool about signing:

Steve Winwood
Derek Trucks
Susan Tedeschi (Trucks)
Warren Haynes
Paul Barrere
John Hiatt
Gary Rossington
Alison Krauss
Dan Tyninski
-------------------

Gregg Allman
Boz Scaggs
B.B King

Declined to sign

Javere11

Electromatic
Feb 15, 2015
San Diego
I love Susan Tedeschi!!! but not as much as Alison Krauss! She has the voice of an angel.

Very cool!

Alison and I had about a 15 minute discussion the night she and Dan T. signed, you are correct, what a voice and very pretty as well. I originally wanted Jerry Douglass to sign, missed him and caught up with AK

Javere11

Electromatic
Feb 15, 2015
San Diego
Chris Thile is amazing.

Pretty crappy that those guys refused to sign it. Would it have killed them?

I doubt it. I had met GA numerous times before and was actually introduced again by the keyboard player (Bruce Katz) after a show, Gregg declined stating that he had a contract with Martin guitars....but signed my ticket. Boz Scaggs stated that he only signed axes for charity and B.B. King walked right by me with absolutely no acknowledgement.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
BB King would only sign Gibbys and Epis as he was a Gibson endorser. Dan Tyminski and John Hiatt are personal favorites. Nice collection of names!

There's a stagehand from Local 30 in Indy that has an old POS Teisco that he sanded the finish off of. He has well over a hundred signature on it, and actually had it appraised on Antique Road Show for over $10K.

Javere11

Electromatic
Feb 15, 2015
San Diego
.......When I tried to get BB to sign, it was maybe 6 months before he passed; his performance was in short and out of respect, "less than stellar". I thought I would find and wait by his tour bus after the show. When his entourage approached ( his Manager I assume, stepped forward and almost shouted to myself and one more gent with a brand new Gibson SG,... two of us) and a voice rang out, "BB is not signing tonight". BB then slowly and in obvious discomfort "walked" within three feet of us without so much as a smile or a glance our way and proceeded to take about 45 seconds to climb the stars and get on the bus.........Father time.

I'll have this with me (row TT) when Neil Young, Stephen Stills & Kenny Wayne Sheppard .... appear together at the Pantages in LA (Emcee, Jack Black) later this Month. It's a Stills annual benefit / Autism "Light up the Blues"......Stills plays a White Falcon, so after the show who knows?....I can see it now ..."Hey Stephen!....will you sign my Gretsch"?

There's a stagehand from Local 30 in Indy that has an old POS Teisco that he sanded the finish off of. He has well over a hundred signature on it, and actually had it appraised on Antique Road Show for over $10K.

Excellent, imagine the musicians he meets...

Javere11

Electromatic
Feb 15, 2015
San Diego
Steve Miller would not sign, "I don't sign guitars, people sell my name on E-Bay"!..he said as he walked past me after his performance in San Diego recently.....

Wozob

Country Gent
Jul 6, 2014
The Netherlands
That's a bummer, though he does have a point IMO. Signing something for a fan is one thing. Signing something for someone looking for big bucks with nothing in return is another. Of course the artist can't tell which is which.

TSims1

Gretschified
Jun 18, 2013
Atlanta
That's a bummer, though he does have a point IMO. Signing something for a fan is one thing. Signing something for someone looking for big bucks with nothing in return is another. Of course the artist can't tell which is which.

Totally. Think of how irritating that would be. I sign, and then you go and profit off of it. Yuck.

I know thats not what the OP is doing, but I don't blame any of the artists. They don't owe anybody anything except a great show in exchange for a ticket.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Ringo was known for answering fans' letters, but stopped as many of them wound up on sale.

As a union stagehand, we never asked for autographs. It just wasn't done. Getting to meet and talk to the artists was more than enough.

Javere11

Electromatic
Feb 15, 2015
San Diego
Just thinking about all of the signatures that might be here had the stars lined up.....every time.

Gregg Allman, Boz Scaggs, B.B.King and Steve Miller...declined

I just missed Donald Fagen (left through another exit) Patrick Simmons & Tom Johnston came out to the tour bus after I had left and Jerry Douglass boarded another bus while I was talking to Alison Krauss. Robben Ford signed my ticket on a night when I did not have this with me. Still, pretty lucky. Funny thing, as I was talking to/at Jackson Browne, it seemed he could not hear a word I was saying....all those decades of loud music taking its toll.

Who would you want to add?

I would still love to get Bonnie Raitt, David Byrne & Peter Gabriel.