Little surgery coming up

MTurner

Friend of Fred
Aug 17, 2010
Clayton, North Carolina, USA
Yes, we’ll keep you, Sherry, your boys, and your care team in prayer. My dad had prostate cancer. They tried the seeds, but ultimately he had to get the prostate removed. And his bladder too. Smoking for decades was the cause of bladder cancer. Not sure what causes prostate cancer though.

I've heard it said that if you are a man who lives long enough, you'll get prostate cancer. Thankfully, it's about the most treatable cancer there is.

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
Heading in for my covid test now.
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts prayers and mojoness.
Best forum on the web.
Men, get your psa levels checked when you hit 50!!!!
Going quiet for a few days. I will let you know how it goes... when i know how it went!
Peace
Mbkri
Mat

pilgrim

Country Gent
Jun 15, 2010
Mississippi
May God be with you, your family and your Doctor. Prayers every day. Please let us know when you are recovering at home. I was to have them look for pancreatic cancer, months ago. They never called my pain went away. Maybe fear and prayer worked for me. My Dad had prostate cancer at 65, he died at 90. Good luck my friend. Rev. Robert Garner

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
Pleased to be back home with Sherry and the boys, the cats aNd the dog. My surgeon said he felt it went excellently And that the early signs were good. I will have good pathology reports on the removed prostate in a few weeks and that should indicate whether the cancer was contained or if it might have jumped ship and metacticised (unlikely). All in all I’m feeling positive but I hadn’t expected my stomach muscles to be so compromised ( 7 incisions across my abdomen). So i just have to be patient and rebuild my strength in the weeks ahead. If I play anything In the next couple of weeks it’s going to be a ukulele!
Glad that chapter is over and ready tO get healthy And strong.
Thank you so much for the prayers, well wishes and support from my Gretschtalk family. It makes a huge difference.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Pleased to be back home with Sherry and the boys, the cats aNd the dog. My surgeon said he felt it went excellently And that the early signs were good. I will have good pathology reports on the removed prostate in a few weeks and that should indicate whether the cancer was contained or if it might have jumped ship and metacticised (unlikely). All in all I’m feeling positive but I hadn’t expected my stomach muscles to be so compromised ( 7 incisions across my abdomen). So i just have to be patient and rebuild my strength in the weeks ahead. If I play anything In the next couple of weeks it’s going to be a ukulele!
Thank you so much for the prayers, well wishes and support from my Gretschtalk family. It makes a huge difference.
Glad that all worked out! Take it easy, maybe you’ll have a lot of time to just do your art. Or maybe you just need a mandolin. I am biased. But hope you feel a lot better soon!

audept

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Dec 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Great news, thank god. Rest easy and recover swiftly mbkri .