Learn everything about Electronics in about 10 minutes

AZBrahma

Synchromatic
Dec 18, 2020
Arizona
I can't lie, I laughed like a little girl from beginning to end. That guy is just hopelessly careless. Soldering on a hot circuit just about beats all, insane. I hope he lives long enough to create something amazing!

In the days where I did live circuit development and 'pin 3' biasing of B+ vacuum tube circuits, I was hyper vigilant. Thick rubber soled shoes, rubber gloves, rubber screwdrivers, plastic clips, the whole nine. Being hit with 550 or 600 volts of plate current was not on my to-do list. Plus at the time I lived alone, so it may have a been a week or two before someone discovered the charred, smoking hull of my corpse.

DougWheeler74

Synchromatic
Jul 10, 2019
NE Wisconsin, US
I've been zapped a few times, never through intentional carelessness though. One I remember in particular was when I was working on some gear in the Navy. The equipment door was open and due to its position I was laying on the floor taking voltage readings. The ship rolled and the door latch failed causing it to slam into me. I took a 500V charged capacitor to the face. I flopped a bit and yelled; my buddies all though it was darn funny. That proves the male adage: "It's funny until someone gets hurt - then it's hilarious."

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
I can't lie, I laughed like a little girl from beginning to end. That guy is just hopelessly careless. Soldering on a hot circuit just about beats all, insane. I hope he lives long enough to create something amazing!

In the days where I did live circuit development and 'pin 3' biasing of B+ vacuum tube circuits, I was hyper vigilant. Thick rubber soled shoes, rubber gloves, rubber screwdrivers, plastic clips, the whole nine. Being hit with 550 or 600 volts of plate current was not on my to-do list. Plus at the time I lived alone, so it may have a been a week or two before someone discovered the charred, smoking hull of my corpse.
I assumed that he was faking, but maybe not.

MentalTossFlycoon

Gretschie
Dec 22, 2018
Texas
My grandfather taught me everything about electricity when i was 5 years old. He was out in the garage and I wandered up and asked him what he was doing. Said he working on the lawnmower. I asked if I could help. He said sure just hold this wire for me real tight (the spark plug lead). He rared back and gave the rope a helluva tug I went rollin out in the back yard. I can still hear that fat man laughing about it.